hot bait

1/28/15 @ 9:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
seems like every year i buy something new to try that ends up being that one bait that is hot. this year its the drop jig by clam, last year was the flash champ by vmc, and the year before northlands bro bug. what are some of your hot lures that have worked? always looking for the next good bite. Wink
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
2/5/15 @ 8:19 AM
ajs
ajs
USER since 12/19/01
I use the ultra light rippin rap and bigger sizes. I found the ultralight in minnesota a few weeks ago on a perch trip. The perch were very eager to smack them. I am going to put some time in with it on some home waters over this weekend to see how they do here.

Ajs

And yes no stores or bait shops that i have found near home has the small size. B.s if ya ask me!

Post Your Comment
2/5/15 @ 8:04 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Wale, I wish! Gander in Franklin hasn't had any. I've been wanting to try some. Probly gonna have to wait til spring. I'm to lazy to drive to cabelas recently.

Post Your Comment
2/2/15 @ 9:04 PM
wale
wale
USER since 2/12/13
anyone use the rippin rap from rapala? the ultra-light

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 2:01 PM
IceKid97
IceKid97
USER since 12/15/14
Chartuesse Ratso tipped with a waxworm has been good for me

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 1:29 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
Spoons haven't been mentioned yet. I've had luck with a Slender spoon with a minnow head. Gold is my favorite color. These spoons flutter on the drop or sometimes "plane" off to the side increasing your reach while sitting over an ice hole. It can also pull in fish to bite on my stealth light line rod; with an octopus hook, drop shotted to be just off the bottom with, the bait of the day. My prophecy is others using this tandem approach will see more fish. A Castmaster slab spoon works better for deeper jigging.

Edited on 2/1/15 1:39 PM
Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 5:32 PM
Kokanee89
Kokanee89
USER since 1/27/15
My favorite baits for the last couple years has been gizalla bugs and 1.5" cut'er bugs made by Maniac custom lures. The white with red flake has been my favorite color in both those baits.

Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 3:10 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Minnows. Smile

Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 8:30 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03
The hot bait is the bait you use the most. Self fulfilling prophecy at work. You have success with one particular type and voila, your confidence increases so that is the one you want to use. Others could work better but because you don't have that confidence in them you leave them in the box. You are more willing to give a bait more time if you have confidence in it. Same sort of thing applies when you buy something new. You are excited to use it, so that's the one you use. Since it was a new purchase you subconsciously feel that in order to justify the investment you have to be patient with it.

Post Your Comment