SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Hauling a flip over shack

11/15/14 @ 8:32 AM
INITIAL POST
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
I have a Frabill Trecker and like other flip over styles, I would think that that all have the same issue I do. When packing it up off the ice, what does one do to keep the tent nice and tight around the inner side of the sled? It always seems to fill up the sled and then I have to move it around to get my gear in the sled. Is there a specific method for collapsing the tent? Does anyone have any tips that would help with this? Thinking about bungee cords and drilling holes in the sled to latch them on to.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
11/27/14 @ 3:21 AM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05
I think adding bungee cords would work. I would drill 3 holes in the side and add eyebolts to the outside. Fasten the bungee to the inside somehow. Then all you need to do is pull the bungee up and over the top and place the hook in the eyebolt to hold back the tent. Each eyebolt would have two fender washers and two nuts. I put eyebolts on the side of my sled to use a anchor points for securing to ice anchors when it is windy.
11/15/14 @ 10:59 AM
brews4995
brews4995
User since 4/2/10
I don't worry about it too much. I just push the cover as far to the side with the poles and that is where I usually put the auger. As long as you put your cover on the end of your auger, and don't have anything sharp touching the cover, if something lays on the cover I don't have a problem with it. If you fish by yourself, leave one of the seats behind, they take up the most space. I used to be able to put my power auger, a heater, one seat, and 3 five gallon pails in mine standing up and still get the cover it came with on. Now I have a carrier on my atv that the auger sits in so that freed up a ton of room in my shack. For me it works better to load all your gear up first and then put the seats in last on top upside down, they take up to much space in their sitting position. If you don't want anything on the cover, get a second otter sled and pull it behind your flip over, but again, I wouldn't worry about some gear being on the cover. I would rather a pail or my auger sit on the cover on the inside than have some of the cover be hanging outside and drag across the ice while transporting. That will wear a hole in it mighty quickly.
11/15/14 @ 10:40 AM
Animated1
User since 1/20/09
I'm talking about the tent getting bundled up in the sled where I like to put my auger, bait, and other gear. Is there a way to keep it nice and tight so I don't have to move it around when outing gear in my sled.
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE