Has anyone found a Bobber Stopper that works?

1/4/15 @ 6:48 AM
ORIGINAL POST
gforce
gforce
MEMBER since 8/12/01
Has anyone found a Bobber stopper that does not slip ? I have not found one that serves the purpose that it was made for. I currently use the small threads that you tighten by hand or pliers. I use one pound test for panfishing.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
1/5/15 @ 6:36 AM
Edward Felcohands
Edward Felcohands
USER since 2/24/09
You could try little pieces of rubber band but I don't know how well it would enter the reel

Post Your Comment
1/4/15 @ 7:06 PM
mendota
mendota
MEMBER since 12/19/01
Google "bobber stopper knot" and learn to tie your own. Use whatever material for the knot you think might work best.

I've been using up a spool of 20# Dacron for years...

Post Your Comment
1/4/15 @ 8:30 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I agree with Tracker, Meaning I don't think the products currently on the market are very user friendly with line that thin. SMART STOP Micro may have stops that would work. The ones I have are for line .004" to .012". They may have something smaller than what I use. What is the diameter of 1lb test? If you're .004" or bigger, give it a try. Let us know what you find out.

Post Your Comment
1/4/15 @ 7:37 AM
gillipripper
gillipripper
USER since 1/3/15
If you use the thread type you can tie a small knot just below the bobber stop ("a bobber stop stopper"). Works good if you plan on sticking to 1 depth throughgout the day.

Post Your Comment
1/4/15 @ 7:16 AM
gforce
gforce
MEMBER since 8/12/01
I think you are right about that trekkerat because if there was such a product it would be on the shelves right now.

Post Your Comment
1/4/15 @ 7:05 AM
trackerrat
trackerrat
USER since 7/12/06
It will probably be very hard to find anything that works for 1 lb. test.

Post Your Comment