Flip Over Shanty Sled Repair

3/2/15 @ 6:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
So I have had a Frabill Commando for quite a few years now. The canvas is still in great shape, but the sled has taken a real beating over the years and the corners of the plastic actually have holes in them. I am just curious if any of you guys have a quick repair that could extend the life of this thing a few more seasons. (I am not the handiest guy n the world….lol)
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts
1/18/16 @ 5:38 PM
Badgerloader
Badgerloader
USER since 4/10/11
You might want to check with an auto body shop to see if they can "weld" plastic.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 5:34 PM
gobbler
gobbler
MEMBER since 6/30/01
Ace canvas west bend

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 3:50 PM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12
Anyone have thoughts on a reliable patch repair method for the canvas ? I had mice chew a couple small holes in my Otter over the summer...

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 12:59 PM
Bobberboy
Bobberboy
USER since 12/11/03
Thanks CD. Harken was on my list too call.. Use to be a place called quik hut, but that appears to be no longer, unless they changed there name.

Post Your Comment
1/18/16 @ 9:38 AM
Bobberboy
Bobberboy
USER since 12/11/03
Anyone out there know of a place close to Milw that can install a new zipper on my snoboat.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 10:07 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
You don't even need to buy a plastic weld kit. What works better for me is a torch (propane or mapp) and a metal scraper. Cut up any plastic that you wanna use and use, heat the metal scraper and use it like a putty knife. Take plastic scrap and use it as a filler. Use torch to heat plastic as needed. Works well. Again the more you do it the better you get at it. Do not breath fumes obviously.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 9:48 AM
BAK922
BAK922
USER since 11/19/14
Clean it good with some alcohol then throw on some Gorilla tape and cover the Gorilla tape with some plastic weld epoxy and for extra coverage/protection get a rattle can of truck bed liner and spray on a few coats.

Post Your Comment
3/30/15 @ 7:14 PM
Owtdorsmn
Owtdorsmn
MEMBER since 2/12/02
I have used the plasti weld kit for repairing my sleds in the past. Works great and I would highly reccomend this way. Just take your time and you can make a seemless repair. Then go buy some down hill skis and attach them to the bottom. No more holes.... and as a side benefit it helps keep it tracking straight behind you. I get 3-4 years out of my skis and I am rough on them.

Post Your Comment
3/26/15 @ 7:42 AM
Point Muskie Hunter
Point Muskie Hunter
USER since 1/28/13
I had this happen to my clam kenai and I used a gas tank repair kit that had expoy and a sheet of plastic and it worked well.

Post Your Comment
3/25/15 @ 8:17 PM
flatlander68
flatlander68
USER since 1/24/06
Plano molding Outlet in Plano IL has sleds very cheep. I think they are part of Frabill now. NO shipping from the outlet though.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 18 Posts