SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

fishing action

2/24/18 @ 12:15 PM
INITIAL POST
gram
User since 11/11/14

Why is it so darn hard to get a simple answer as to if any action is happening on some lakes?  It's not that you want someones hot spot. Just want to get a simple answer.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
2/26/18 @ 9:37 AM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

It doesn't take too many times where a guy gives out fishing information only to see that one person show up with his 'crew' and you learn to keep shut. 

2/26/18 @ 8:13 AM
Junkie4Ice
Junkie4Ice
User since 12/19/11

Send PMs if you're looking for specific information. You can usually tell what guys fish which body of water or area of waters most frequently. They usually aren't too keen on posting a detailed report each time they go out, but some are willing to give information if it is private. A lot of your PMs will be ignored, but every now and then you'll run into someone willing to give up or swap some info. I've had about 10 guys message me this winter looking for information, some I just ignore because they're looking for easy info. But some just want to talk fishing and that's when some good info gets tossed around.

2/26/18 @ 6:12 AM
h2ofowlmedic
User since 9/7/08

An unfortunate part of this great website is the amount of damage it can do to a resource with one "bragging" report.

2/25/18 @ 7:45 PM
Ulbian
User since 9/24/03

Like others have said, fisheries have been decimated. Its too simplistic to say the meat hogs are responsible. Harvest is harvest. If 100 guys are taking limits of crappies that’s the same amount of fish being taken out of it was 250 guys showing restraint by only keeping 10 a piece. 2500 fish is 2500 fish. It’s a pressure thing. 

Here’s a suggestion...do a bunch of research on lakes in an area. If you hear of a hot bite on one that you’d like to fish simply go and fish another one that has similar characteristics. The internet anglers will be following the online masses to the same lake. You’ll be taking a road less travelled but end up in a quieter but similar destination. I’ve done this for years when I’ve gone on muskie trips. Find out what a “hot” lake is. Fish one nearby that is similar. You won’t have to deal with idiots at launches who are fighting over the same piece of structure. 

2/25/18 @ 5:27 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
Hiring a guide is a great thing to do if you want to learn more about a specific body of water and you don't have alot of time to fish. You will probably learn a ton in just one outing, and possibly things you can apply to other bodies of water. Otherwise the internet is a great resource to learn about techniques, fish behavior etc. But to answer your question for me personally, yes, it's too much to ask for me to give you specific advice on a specific body of water. Discussing techniques, what's worked for me in certain situations, where to look for fish sure, but never "hey they are biting great on lake x." Especially on an internet forum where you don't know who anyone is.....
2/25/18 @ 3:34 PM
gram
User since 11/11/14

I know I've upset some people and I'm sorry. Lets just consider how some of us don't go out there and clobber the lake on a regular basis. I'm out there about 10 times a season. I feel bad also that there is so much greed or bragging about how they limit out several times on a given lake. Look at the bitching over on Winnebago . On small lakes the threat is overwellming.

I'just like a small hint to be able to get my Grandson on some fish. Is that to much to ask?

2/25/18 @ 2:26 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I post info about specific bodies of water very sparingly and carefully. It's usually on larger bodies of water, never smaller up north lakes.  Like others, I've seen crappie populations decimated by meat hunters.  

2/25/18 @ 1:19 PM
shadling1
User since 1/17/12
There are fish in the lakes. It's up to an individual fisherman to catch them or make them bite. Therefore, "action" will vary based on skill level.
2/25/18 @ 12:54 PM
sassy 1
User since 8/25/09

A little restraint should be used on posting fishing results, it's a fact if you start telling people you caught a fish on a certain Lake, and  army of fisherman will be out there the next day,

2/25/18 @ 10:44 AM
Edge
User since 2/28/07

Jay bee is spot on. In our area little green, fox lake, lake emily. All raped by meat mongers

2/25/18 @ 9:33 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

The fish are biting like crazy! Get out there, now!!!

2/25/18 @ 9:19 AM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

Because posters are afraid one of their favorite lakes will be flooded with people looking for the "hot bite". Just look at what happened to Kegonsa this winter. 

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE