Finesse Set Up

11/27/15 @ 8:50 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Duffin
Duffin
USER since 12/16/10
What is your best finesse set up for finicky panfish?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
12/4/15 @ 6:16 AM
Pannie Patrol
Pannie Patrol
USER since 12/10/12
very small baits (size 14-16) with one spike and very light line (2 lb test), keep the bait constantly, but barely moving when a fish is interested and slowly raise it. rarely fails me. if they don't like that then ad some plastic with spike or even just plastic and no spike. wax worms are too bulky for finicky fish

Post Your Comment
12/4/15 @ 6:15 AM
Pannie Patrol
Pannie Patrol
USER since 12/10/12
very small baits (size 14-16) with one spike, keep the bait constantly, but barely moving when a fish is interested and slowly raise it. rarely fails me. if they don't like that then ad some plastic with spike or even just plastic and no spike. wax worms are too bulky for finicky fish

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 3:08 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06
Im similar to sviterum. I use a #16 Chekai Majumun jig in black with a red maggot on 2 lb test. I have 7 rods rigged at all times and one is set up like that, because yeah, it can be a horror to get the line thru the eye of that tiny jig on the ice, LOL! Anyway, on the toughest, sunny, post cold front days, that is the only thing they will bite on sometimes. You may have to dead stick it and tap the tip of the rod with your finger about once a minute

Post Your Comment
11/27/15 @ 10:00 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
#16 dull grass green/black Marmooska with a single red spike or a very small waxie. Hate to resort to this as getting line threaded thru the jig eye is next to impossible. It is my go to finesse presentation when they are really, really finicky.

I should clarify that this set-up is for targeting bluegill. I rarely find any nice perch around hear and don't really target crappie much. Pretty much a 'gill fisherman.

Post Your Comment
11/27/15 @ 7:58 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
what ever it takes that day Wink

Post Your Comment