Eskimo Wide One Question

10/12/15 @ 9:50 AM
ORIGINAL POST
wiel0059
wiel0059
USER since 6/20/14
Hey Guys - Anyone have the Eskimo Wide One Inferno? I'm really leaning towards this shack because of the price, fishing area, and even more so because it can be put into a wind position - I will use this a ton hole hopping. My question - How well does this thing pull when you have gear in it? I want to be mobile, but also have enough room to put my stuff in the shack. Do the sled runners help? Any other tips for making the shack (or similar one) pull easier? Thanks All!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
10/13/15 @ 7:56 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Not sure where you are from, but I would wait to purchase until you can view both of them side by side. And don't purchase until the stores start having their Ice Fishing Promo's & sales, as I am sure that you can get a great price. If you end up coming down to the St. Paul Ice Show, I will be there, bouncing back and forth between the Eskimo booth and the Joe's sporting goods booth. Come and visit with me and I can hook you up.

Post Your Comment
10/12/15 @ 12:50 PM
wiel0059
wiel0059
USER since 6/20/14
Tim - Really appreciate the details! I did look at the Evo, but the one drawback for me was staying portable. I move a lot, and would like a shack that can move with me very easily. I also really like the wind block position of the Wide One, with this being the main reason I was thinking that one over the Evo. Strangely, I do like being out in the elements, and the wind is my main issue most days.

You do have me thinking with the weight of the Evo though, thats definitely an advantage. I didn't realize there was that big of a weight difference...

Post Your Comment
10/12/15 @ 12:31 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Sorry about that, my comparison table did not post very cleanly, will repost below:

Wide One: Suggested Retail Price $399 Set Up Size 97"x52" Fishable Area 14.9 Sq Ft Height 60.5" Weight 70 LBS

Evo1 Suggested Retail Price $299 Set Up Size 66"x92" Fishable Area 19.5 Sq Ft Height 65" Weight 52 LBS

They both use the same sled and have the sweet Versa Swivel Seat.

Post Your Comment
10/12/15 @ 12:26 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Weil0059, I am on Eskimo's Pro Staff and have fished out of all of their houses. I currently have a couple of pop up's, and the Flipmo 2 Inferno. Gotta love that insulated fabric. I was contemplating a Wide One Inferno this year, but getting an Evo instead. To answer your question, fishability is great, the floor space is great, you can fish it as a wind break as you suggest. You can pile your stuff into the sled and tow it around. The runners are not necessarily going to make the sled tow any easier, what they do is keep your bottom from getting trashed on rocks and or asphalt, and jagged ice. They may give you less sled resistance on glare ice though.

However if you are really looking for the largest one man flip over option, look at the new Evo. It is a combination flip over / pop up house. The shelter is a flip over house with a pop up roof and front. There is a side entry zipper door. With the pop up option, you are gaining floor space and headroom without gaining weight. The house sits on the same sled as the Wide One. The Evo is not insulated, but with the 300D Ice Tight fabric and sloped roof, turn the back to the wind, and it works very well. The Evo will come in both a 1 and 2 man version. For comparison, see below I will compare the Wide One vs. the One Man Evo.

Wide One Evo1 Suggested Retail Price $399 $299 Setup size 97"x52" 66"x92" Fishable Area 14.8 Sq Ft. 19.5 Sq Ft. Height 60.5" 65" Weight 70 LBS 52 LBS They both have the swivel versa seat

Check these out. The Evo1's have shipped, the Evo2's should be shipping soon. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Post Your Comment