eskimo auger

1/10/16 @ 10:34 AM
ORIGINAL POST
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
I'm having a problem with my eskimo mako m43. I got it out and put new gas/oil in it and it starts up and runs fine but when I apply throttle to it, it dies. It will run and spin the auger for about a second or two and then dies. Auger is about a year old. Any ideas?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts
2/23/16 @ 9:40 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Menards has eskimo augers including propane and electric ion auger on sale.

Post Your Comment
2/22/16 @ 3:52 PM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
I did a search and found this thread as I am having similar problems with my Z51 Shark that is only 3 years old. This year it just doesn't want to fire up as easy as it did in the past. I changed the spark plug and cleaned the air filter at the beginning of the year. I use ethanol free fuel and Eskimo's oil, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I may look into some carb cleaner and will definitely be putting some Sea Foam in. Unfortunately I have to wait a couple of days before my new Hypercoil comes in as that broke this past weekend as well. I also noticed that one blade was broke.

I got a decent deal on this auger, but I'm questioning the quality of the product right now.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 5:52 PM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
Well got the carb on today, second pull starts up runs great.....only problem recoil string snaps! Just can't win.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 10:10 AM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
I tried spraying it with carb cleaner as well with no luck. Ardisam is send me a new carb. I'll put that one on and rebuild the one I have and use as a spare.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 8:43 AM
blackhawks
blackhawks
USER since 12/28/03
Cocky, a lot of good comments and advice. I have an older Eskimo that had a similar problem. In addition to premium gas and the use of Seafoam, I took off the air cleaner and sprayed carburetor cleaner into the carb. Resolved the issue you are experiencing. May be worth a try prior to rebuilding the carb.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 12:12 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
BigBlueTruck is spot on. Ethanol in the gas eats rubber components. I do not buy pre-mixed gas and oil, maybe because I am a tightwad, but that gas is suppose to be a premium grade. I do however buy premium gas for all my small engines which include Gas Augers, Chain Saw, Weed Whip Lawn Mower, kids dirt bike etc. Reason being it does not take much at all to gum out those small little needle valves.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 11:07 AM
hard water
hard water
USER since 4/6/02
After you get it running, put some "sea foam" in the gas tank. I had the same problem a few years ago with my MAKO and my snow blower. I started using sea foam in my gas and haven't had a problem since. Before that I used Sta-Bil but it didn't work very well. Good luck.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 10:52 AM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
I think I will buy a carb from them then and hold on to the old one and have it rebuilt at a later time.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 9:23 AM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
I wondered if it might be gas with ethanol. I did run some carb cleaner through it to no avail. I will see what eskimo says and if I can't get a carb through them I will take it in.

Post Your Comment
1/11/16 @ 7:31 AM
codyk
codyk
USER since 4/28/02
Sent an email yesterday. I'll give them a call today.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 19 Posts