elite5 chirp

1/23/15 @ 1:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
tipupin
tipupin
USER since 12/11/08
I have been having problems with this since I got it. wanted to know if anyone else is.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts
2/8/15 @ 9:37 PM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
I had the chirp out on Friday and things went much better. I was only in 10' of water but was able to disk everything in fine and it ran well. Only complaint I have is that I wish the screen would scroll faster. Hope to try it out in some deeper water soon.

I should add that I changed settings and took it off ics fishing and put it into shallow water. Don't know if this makes a big difference or not considering I still had it in manual mode.

Edited on 2/8/15 9:42 PM
Post Your Comment
2/8/15 @ 6:28 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01
I did the firmware upgrade and seemed to mess it up. It took over an hour to find bottom. The GPS is about 100 yards off or more. Lots of clutter on the screen periodically.

Post Your Comment
2/4/15 @ 2:49 PM
tipupin
tipupin
USER since 12/11/08
Boderr my brother has the elite 5 ice machine For 2 years and works great I would recommend that one. This 1 they just came out With and i thought it would be great 4 the boat too. If the elite 5 chirp fails me for the week of battle on bago I will be getting the elite 5. Pete we always had a problem that close together. So if we fish in the same tent we put it in the center.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 4:09 PM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
I emailed lowrance about my problem on friday so we will see what they say on monday. If i dont get any help from them i will just exchange it for a new one or just return it all together. x67 still working great just wanted to upgrade.

Post Your Comment
2/1/15 @ 11:22 AM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Couldn't get rid of interferon with a Vexilar four feet away yesterday.

It was only six feet of water however.

Post Your Comment
1/31/15 @ 5:53 PM
tipupin
tipupin
USER since 12/11/08
I don't believe it is the transducer. Try changing your frequency. I am out tip up fishing and am playing around with it. Auto sensitivity off,frequency at 200 kHz,ping speed fastest,sensitivity at 65%,noise reduction off,surface clarity high and im in manual mode on and fishing mode is in ice.See how that works. Mine is a blue end with 3 to.

Edited on 1/31/15 6:23 PM
Post Your Comment
1/29/15 @ 9:50 AM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
I got the chance to use my unit with the new update this week. Spent the last 3 days fishing lake of the woods and my unit was terrible. Luckily I brought my old x67c which preformed perfectly. The chirp basically had no noise rejection capabilities. Tried multiple different settings but it was un fishable. Then when I had everybody else turn off their units the interference was gone but the graph scrolled so slow it was not even close to real time. I had the ping speed at fastest and I tried multiple frequencies. I was in ice mode as well and tried custom range settings and auto range setting. The only thing I didn't try was taken it out of ice mode and trying something like shallow water mode, etc. I am gonna have to get ahold of lowrance and see what they say. Thinking I may have a bad transducer as well. I also had to replace my transducer on my x67c. How many pins do u guys have on your ice transducer connection? I have the blue plug but there are only 3 pins. Just wondering if there should b more.

Post Your Comment
1/28/15 @ 6:39 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
I used it on Saturday for 4-5 hours on Winnebago/Poygan.

I think it froze up three different times on Bago, but was stable on Poygan.

I then did the software/firmware update on Sunday, so I hope that takes care of the issues I had.

Overall it seems like it will be a decent unit. It's just gonna take awhile to dial in.

Hopefully the lag in flasher mode will be lessened with the update too. (probably just something to get used to coming from a Vexilar)

Should be an even better piece of equipment on the boat.

The transducer cable seems quite chintzy compared to the Vex cable as well.

Tipupin, I think you should use the cord which came with to support the transducer, otherwise I bet that cable goes to kakka in no time.

Post Your Comment
1/27/15 @ 8:51 PM
tipupin
tipupin
USER since 12/11/08
Well called lowrance and they said chip should not erase. So had my brothers elite 5 and tried his chip in mine and his worked put my chip in his and it did not read. So now lowrance is sending me a new chip. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT !! They have been very helpful and great at getting the problems taken care off!! Big Smile I used it since I received transducer and so far so good! Smile

Post Your Comment
1/24/15 @ 5:28 PM
Boder
Boder
USER since 2/13/03
Thanks for the heads up on the firmware. I got my unit about a week ago and just checked it. New firmware successfully uploaded.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 16 Posts