Deeper Smart Fishfinder Review (for Ice Fishing)

1/26/15 @ 3:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
teenangler15
teenangler15
USER since 7/15/04
I did some testing on this unit, which is the only one that has an ice fishing mode that offers a 290kHz signal, 15° cone, and circular and vertical flasher display. It has some really big upsides, like price, size, weight, no cords, flexibility on screen (smartphone, tablet, mount wherever you want, etc). Makes it really nice for hole hopping. There are some limitations for the "sit in one place for a long time" style of fishing, mainly due to a non-removable battery, some signal lag which I measured, and lack of certain functions like interference rejection. I put together a review structured as the following: Unboxing Ice Shanty Testing Hole Hopping Testing App Features Technical considerations Conclusion Edit: In the hours after posting the video, I've learned that the FishHunter locator has unveiled an ice fishing sonar mode. So deeper is no longer the only one.
Edited on 1/26/15 5:13 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
2/23/15 @ 10:08 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
USER since 2/9/03
It's here! I'll give a report on it this weekend. They sent me what appears to be last year's model. There is only two threaded holes for the eyelets and it only came with a USB charging cable with no adapter. But it was free so I really don't care. Smile

Post Your Comment
2/20/15 @ 10:18 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
USER since 2/9/03
I did. I've been playing with it on the simulator. Can't wait to try it out.

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 9:49 PM
teenangler15
teenangler15
USER since 7/15/04
You probably already saw it on their Facebook page but they added a split screen option and zoom for the vertical flasher.

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 9:00 PM
Greenheads4Ever
Greenheads4Ever
USER since 2/9/03
Watched your video this morning before seeing this post. Really well done! I just won one of these from Deepers page on Facebook. I can't wait to give it a try this Sunday.

Post Your Comment
1/26/15 @ 5:16 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Very nice in depth review.

The manufacturer should send you a couple more for free!

Post Your Comment