countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
Ice'n Tibs
USER since 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,052 Posts
11/26/18 @ 7:33 PM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse
USER since 11/16/18

Now that I’m done with grouse and deer hunting, it time to gear up for ice fishing! WOOHOO!

Post Your Comment
11/22/18 @ 12:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Yes JB. Many awesome memories. We had some great days on that southern Wi ice! 

Post Your Comment
11/22/18 @ 11:02 AM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Thanks  for the info Ulbian. Very sad. Agree -be safe out there. Up north in good shape in quite a few spots.  Other parts of the state-I’d be very cautious or just wait. 

Edited on 11/22/18 11:03 AM
Post Your Comment
11/22/18 @ 10:56 AM
Ulbian
Ulbian
USER since 9/24/03

Just a heads up since this seems to be a pretty active thread....

Yesterday a guy in Iowa took his two kids out ice fishing. Him and one of his kids can talk about being wet and cold. The one that can’t didnt make it. 

We are itching to get out on the ice but it’s just not worth the risk to push things too early. 

Post Your Comment
11/19/18 @ 1:35 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

Way to go, n.pike, glad to hear you are ice fishing. I'm stuck down here in your old Waukesha county haunts, no escape the next month. Only 1.5 inch ice on my first ice lake. Many good memories there, like the time we had 8 flags in 20 min.

Post Your Comment
11/19/18 @ 4:17 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I was deer hunting near a lake in Burnett county. You could hear that lake singing all day long yesterday. I did not check the ice but as much noise as it made, I was confident that it was safe.

Post Your Comment
11/18/18 @ 10:07 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

So nice to get out today with my son. 5 inches. Consistent. Every home about the same. Anyone else out yet? 

Post Your Comment
11/15/18 @ 5:36 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Just walked around on my favorite first ice lake.  Extremely solid ice. Did not have my auger with me. But, based on past observations I’d say 4 inches. Also saw someone fishing A nearby lake that is even bigger and deeper than the one I was walking around on. It’s here guys and gals. A nice early start this season.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 5:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Very confident there will be a number of fishable lakes this weekend up here. Vilas Co. Drove to two lakes on the smaller side today that looked about ready. Very little snow in the forecast and cold cold cold on the way. Lots of lakes wide open though and will still be awhile yet. 

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 8:03 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11

Got reports of people hitting the hardwater in Iron County, Vilas county and central MN this weekend. Just over an inch of ice on some lakes in St. Croix county as of Saturday morning. Upper red lake is locked up. Buddy figures they'll be on the ice this week in his first ice spot in central WI. I'll be scouting some lakes in West Central WI this week. Season is here if you know where to look and like to live on the edge! Stay safe!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,052 Posts