countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
Ice'n Tibs
USER since 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,044 Posts
11/13/18 @ 5:53 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Very confident there will be a number of fishable lakes this weekend up here. Vilas Co. Drove to two lakes on the smaller side today that looked about ready. Very little snow in the forecast and cold cold cold on the way. Lots of lakes wide open though and will still be awhile yet. 

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 8:03 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11

Got reports of people hitting the hardwater in Iron County, Vilas county and central MN this weekend. Just over an inch of ice on some lakes in St. Croix county as of Saturday morning. Upper red lake is locked up. Buddy figures they'll be on the ice this week in his first ice spot in central WI. I'll be scouting some lakes in West Central WI this week. Season is here if you know where to look and like to live on the edge! Stay safe!

Post Your Comment
11/12/18 @ 8:01 AM
USAbrams1991
USAbrams1991
USER since 2/13/17

They'll be ice fishing small to medium lakes, probably by this weekend on a 650 acre in Northern Vilas. Pretty much wide open in the middle with the edges and bays freezing up. By sunday morning the lake was 90% frozen over. and I could stand 100yds out with no problem.

I took my pier out friday morning, if I waited until saturday, I'd have been in trouble.

Edited on 11/12/18 8:04 AM
Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 10:51 PM
AWichman
AWichman
USER since 1/6/16

I’ve never understood why people are rude or uncooperative with wardens. If not for them I think the resources that we love to use would be in pretty bad shape. It is their job to check in with us when out fishing or hunting. 

I have no problem with taking 5-10 minutes out of my day to show license and answer questions when asked. I know I’m not breaking any laws so I politely answer their questions and they move on. 

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 7:26 PM
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
USER since 7/24/01

Ice belt- Go to Russia see how that works for ya

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 7:15 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I will be in Spooner for gun deer next weekend. Oh Frick will it be cold in the morning 

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 5:02 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

I’m in vilas county. I will give updates throughout the week for you guys. I am confident next weekend I’ll be icefishing. Thursday gets warm. But lots of cool days and nights otherwise. Ice is certainly forming on many small lakes already.  Medium to big size lakes are wide open except for maybe some bays and stuff.

Post Your Comment
11/11/18 @ 10:50 AM
BGerrits
BGerrits
USER since 12/25/16

@n.pike

Where is “up here” for you?

Id like to know how far north I need to go for this up coming weekend.

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 10:15 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Super windy tonight!!! Definitely will hinder the ice making potential. Looks like it’ll calm down later tomorrow. Bitter cold temps will be with us for a while up north. And even downstate it looks cold.

Post Your Comment
11/9/18 @ 8:54 PM
icebelt
icebelt
USER since 10/22/13

This may start some thing but nowhere does it say in regs that you must be nice to the warden. I'm not much for demanding a entitlement. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 1,044 Posts