countdown to go time! :D

8/28/09 @ 6:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice'n Tibs
Ice'n Tibs
USER since 11/18/05
I'm not going to worry about anything until deer season is over, maybe I'll get really lucky, shoot one, and head out on the lake in the afternoon.

I've been working on the shack, but everything else can wait until November.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 987 Posts
11/12/17 @ 9:58 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

No more countdown needed. It's go time in Northern Wi. But, only on select waters. Most not safe yet. 

Edited on 11/12/17 9:59 PM
Post Your Comment
11/10/17 @ 2:09 PM
og tower
og tower
USER since 8/26/12

I'm going out this weekend for sure, if not at the cabin than back at home. I am sure there is safe ice somewhere out there just have to find it. Just have to find the right sized lake.

Post Your Comment
11/10/17 @ 12:23 PM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
USER since 2/17/05
Yes the yellow river flowage. I'm guessing Spooner lake is about a week or two behind that. I'm going to do some checking this weekend on some small lakesandwill post what I find  

Post Your Comment
11/10/17 @ 10:21 AM
Paddle Power
Paddle Power
USER since 1/6/17

dbuchmann, I'll assume you're referring to the Yellow River flowage in Spooner? Any idea how Spooner Lake is looking?

I'm in SE WI but my wife's uncle lives in Beaver Brook.

Edited on 11/10/17 10:22 AM
Post Your Comment
11/10/17 @ 5:28 AM
dbuchmann
dbuchmann
USER since 2/17/05
Had guys fishing the flowage in town last night. There is 3 inches out there. Might give it a shot Sunday if I get all the gear organized 

Post Your Comment
11/9/17 @ 10:38 PM
walleye fisherman
walleye fisherman
USER since 2/7/10

Man watching this thread has got me pretty excited! I'll be home in a week and a half from school for Thanksgiving, might just have to try to head far up north and see if I can't get onto some early ice panfish!

Post Your Comment
11/9/17 @ 8:58 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Haven't been able to check and give ice reports. Got done with work and it was dark. Morning ride was the "fast route" without any lakes to see. Very cold tonight. Might get below zero. Got a decent amount of snow last night in Vilas County that might hurt any ice that started. But, then again, maybe it's not a big deal and will blow off the lake. Some lakes will start overnight as it's been cold all day and even colder tonight. Wind dying down. 

Post Your Comment
11/8/17 @ 10:53 PM
cousincarmody
cousincarmody
USER since 2/9/10

Skim ice this morning in SE WI in very shallow back bays.

Post Your Comment
11/8/17 @ 7:17 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02

Didn't see as much ice as I thought I might today as I drove around. Just hope some of the smaller shallower lakes that don't have ice yet can get a layer on before the high winds tomorrow. The lake I was hoping had ice today was 98 percent open! But, it very well could have ice on it tomorrow morning. 

Post Your Comment
11/8/17 @ 3:41 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10

Thursday night is going to definitely help.  Supposed to be in the single digits most places from the central part of the state to the north.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 987 Posts