Clam Flip Over Shanties

12/22/14 @ 7:36 AM
ORIGINAL POST
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
Looking to purchase new 1 man flip over and just wondering if anyone has purchased Clams new Legend XL Thermal and what your opinions are .Thanks alot for all your feedback. Smile
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
1/15/15 @ 8:01 PM
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09
I have the Frabil one man Commando Max. I wanted to upgrade from my one-man Clam Scout so I looked at all the non-insulated one-mans and chose the Commando Max because of the long robust sled; long fishing area; taller, more comfortable seat; taller easier to enter door; taller more head room roof. The sled is large enough to carry plenty of gear and I really like being able to put my buddy heater safely behind the seat and out of the way. Gives you more room in front of you. Windows are clear and removable and vents are easily adjustable. Sweet one-man shack.

Edited on 1/15/15 9:11 PM
Post Your Comment
12/30/14 @ 6:01 PM
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
Looks good sumpin thanks for the pics,can you hook up a tow bar to the sled.

Post Your Comment
12/25/14 @ 8:30 AM
walleye27
walleye27
USER since 1/25/07
I went to buy this shack also but was turned away because of the tub design. Very shallow and no tow kit will fit this cheaply made tub. Don't get me wrong I just sold my yukon to go to a one man shelter and like the room in this one. But why would clam build a tub that is that shallow? Must be for shipping or the skin is cheaper than making a good tub. I bought a otter 650 cottage thermal that will last me the rest of my life at 55 this new year. Much better tub and the fabric is twice the clam but thats where the 20 lbs comes in. Also back to my old rule is you get what you pay for quality all the way!!!! Smile Smile

Post Your Comment
12/24/14 @ 9:18 PM
SumpinFishy
SumpinFishy
USER since 12/9/14
Here are some pics of the mods I've made so far.

I usually pull mine by hand unless I have to walk more than a mile or so. Actually, the runners have probably made it easier to pull on the ice, and it tracks better behind my quad.

Edited on 12/24/14 9:20 PM
Post Your Comment
12/24/14 @ 5:14 PM
pembine panfisher
pembine panfisher
USER since 2/1/12
I usually pull it by hand but i do have an atv just easier not getting atv loaded.

Post Your Comment
12/24/14 @ 3:33 PM
meverbeaver
meverbeaver
USER since 6/6/13
Are you able to pull the sled easily or do you use an ATV?

Post Your Comment
12/22/14 @ 12:28 PM
SumpinFishy
SumpinFishy
USER since 12/9/14
I bought mine with my Cabelas points a couple weeks ago. So far I love it...plenty of extra room, light weight enough to not kill me lifting it into the truck, light pole is sweet. Right out of the box, I did craft some runners out of 1/2" steel conduit...the plastic seemed light enough to warrant the upgrade. I even brought my 5 year old out and we both fit no problem with a little buddy heater and vexilar. It fits under my tonneau cover if I remove the seat (which is a cinch BTW). I'm glad that I went with thermal too...no condensation and it's great for blocking wind.

PM me if you want to see some of the mods I've made to "trick my trap".

Edited on 12/22/14 12:29 PM
Post Your Comment