Central Wisconsin recommendations

11/29/15 @ 1:52 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
I am looking at maybe finally getting out the 3rd weekend of December just before Christmas with a small group of guys just to spend some time outdoors and on the ice. I am looking for a smaller lake(s) that would provide action above all else. I have all winter to fish down here in SE Wisconsin (once we get ice anyway), and just want to do something different. A lake with a strong perch population and an abundance of smaller pike would be ideal. Again, just want to get out with a couple buddies and enjoy a day chasing flags. Don't care if I catch a keeper all day, seriously. I usually go up around Woodruff, and was trying to find something a bit closer this year. If you have any suggestions, please message me and thanks alot. Good luck this season and stay on top!! Jimmy
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
12/3/15 @ 11:41 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
BTW if any fellow lake linkers are up there during that weekend (19-20 December) feel free to stop by my frabill shack and share a beer. I will be on Carroll lake if ice permits. I always wear a green arctic armor suit and a Steelers beanie (grew up in PA).

Post Your Comment
12/3/15 @ 11:37 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Thanks fellas for all of the input. It does look like I will need to plan further north according to the long range forecast. Woodruff/Minocqua here I come. Nostalgic if nothing else.

Post Your Comment
12/3/15 @ 9:59 AM
breezy geezer
breezy geezer
USER since 7/31/15
With the weird temps, you mite be hard pressed to find safe ice at that time.. Lake Redstone, Necedah pond, lake Decorah. These can be first ice lakes. Lots of lodging by these lakes, two and a half hours from Milwaukee.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 10:01 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
i live in central WI the lakes I fish Mason,Arrowhead,Camelot,Sherwood,Nepco,Wazeecha,Petenwell

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 2:17 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Thanks for the interest. Above all else we want to be SAFE. It will still be early ice so a flowage that I know nothing about would be off my radar. Having fun is the most important thing here. It should be for all of us. Big Smile

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 2:11 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I go to school in Stevens Point. I'll ask around and see if I can get any info from the locals. It's amazing how much people open up about the local fishing when you get some whiskey in em. I'll let you know what I find out. From personal experience, the Wisconsin River has some good fishing. But if you're looking for numbers I have a few ponds and small lakes I have in mind that I'll ask around about. Stay safe on the ice and tight lines.

Post Your Comment