Buskshot/flutter spoons

11/12/18 @ 7:16 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Cronk
Cronk
USER since 4/18/12

Hey guys and gals i was curious how you guys run jigging spoons. Im curious if you find a snap swiver or maybe a barrel swivel a couple feet up better? My main concern is line twist. most swivels look to clunky on the smaller spoons.

Cronk

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
11/13/18 @ 7:26 PM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

I do run small barrel swivel connected to split ring connected to spoon for most sinerios.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 7:16 PM
Cronk
Cronk
USER since 4/18/12

Thanks for the response guys. Ill just tie directly. Bugle, that makes sense. Short line should be easy enough to fix if line twist gets too nasty.

Cronk

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 2:45 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I rig my jigging rods with fluoro and tie spoons on it directly without a swivel or leader. I’ve not had many issues.  You’re likely only using no more than 20 feet of line at a time so if the line does get twisted, it’s easy to remedy.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 1:08 PM
AWichman
AWichman
USER since 1/6/16

I’ve always been a barrel swivel from braid to flourocarbon. From there it’s a Spro snap, I put o rings on all my spoons. I personally think it helps it fall more natural that way. 

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 10:23 AM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I use spoons a ton year round. I tie directly to my line.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 9:47 AM
kvandehei33
kvandehei33
USER since 12/19/11
They claim the swivel up a foot or so is the best way to get rid of line twist. I've personally not noticed enough of an issues to do either technique, I just tie it directly to my line. I switch spoons enough and usually cut off a good 6" in case there is any breakdown in the tensile strength of the line. I'd rather respool my line mid season than use swivels, just my personal preference.

Post Your Comment
11/13/18 @ 5:54 AM
UFCreel
UFCreel
USER since 1/4/11

Split ring on the spoon and just a quality snap on the line. Most line twist comes from reeling while a fish is taking drag.

Post Your Comment