Boots

10/13/14 @ 10:31 AM
ORIGINAL POST
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I'm just curious as to the type of boots other guys are using on the ice. I have been using Ice Kings by LaCrosse for several years now. I love the warmth, but dislike the weight and bulkiness of the boot. I am curious as to what lighter weight alternatives are worth investing in. I see that Ice Armor has a boot out there, but I've never seen a pair in the stores. Thanks for the feedback!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 51 Posts
12/17/14 @ 12:35 PM
pepperbox453
pepperbox453
USER since 1/3/12
I got my first pair of Icemans 2 years ago and cannot imagine wearing a different boot. I have had cold toes but never uncomfortable, the boot have stood the test of time (my grandpa and dad wear the same boots), and I really like the wool/felt liners because they will still provide some warmth/insulation even when wet (like when you find someone's 10" hole you didn't know was there.

Post Your Comment
12/17/14 @ 12:29 PM
dsinwi
dsinwi
USER since 1/24/02
I still have a green pair of Icemans I bought maybe 20 years ago, still in great shape. Last year I started wearing my Muck Woody Max boots on the ice. My feet have stayed warm and dry. Very ommfortable for my flat feet.

Post Your Comment
12/17/14 @ 11:48 AM
tipper 2
tipper 2
USER since 3/10/08
I have worn lacrosse iceman boots for 20 years for everything, probably gone though 5 pairs. Last year needed a new pair only to find out they no longer are made in USA and now suck. The boots are now very narrow and don't have the liners they once did, I did purchase the ice kings but had to purchase sorel liners because the liners in the ice kings were narrow also. They are now made to fit the people in china. They destroyed a great boot. Thanks lacrosse.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 11:43 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
I had a pair of Sorels that lasted well over 20 years. Got a new pair 3 years ago, they were ordered on-line. Made in China instead of Canada. They are not even near the same quality. The leather is thinner the stitching poorer, They just lost a customer.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 4:03 PM
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
1600 grams, 400 more than the ice armor ones I was looking at initially…..

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 3:23 PM
mvanhank222
mvanhank222
USER since 12/16/13
justperchingaround

how much thinsulate on the burly's?

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 2:57 PM
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I was able to get out on the ice for about six hours in my new Lacrosse Alphaburly Pros. My feet were plant warm, granted it was about 25-30 degrees most of the day. I had on one pair of Merino wool socks and never felt the slightest hint of a chill. In fact, I am going to invest in a moisture wicking liner sock to wear under my wools because I could feel my feet sweating as I was dragging my gear off the ice…..

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 2:57 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
Never knew there was another winter boot other than the LaCrosse Ice Kings. All I've used since roughly '89 (having Ice Man, the predecessor to the Ice King) and won't change. Yes they are heavy but I've never gotten cold in them either, even while working in Prudhoe Bay Alaska in winter.

Post Your Comment
12/8/14 @ 2:49 PM
HenryH
HenryH
USER since 12/27/11
I've worn Cabela's Predator Extreme pack boots for years, best boots made for cold weather. Tried Baffin, (sent back after 3 days) tried LaCrosse, (still have them for moving around in cold weather) tried many others over the years but always return to my Cabela's Predator Extreme boots. I've never gotten cold in them & never use toe warmers either.

Post Your Comment
12/3/14 @ 12:39 PM
JethroBodine
JethroBodine
USER since 12/21/01
I wear Keen boots, and North Face Chilkats. Have a pair of size 12 LaX Icemen I'd sell for $40 if anyone needs them. I only fish in a shanty, dont need that heavy a boot.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 51 Posts