Blue Tip reciever

1/7/15 @ 11:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
TeamG
TeamG
USER since 4/28/08
I was at Fleet today and saw that blue tips now have a receiver box you can buy if you don't have a device that is blue tooth compatible. Has anyone used one of then or the blue tip devices? They are a bit pricey but if they work better than the strike sensors I might invest in them. Do the blue tips get interference from other people using them in the area?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
8/21/15 @ 3:49 PM
YonkerS
YonkerS
USER since 1/28/13
I've been using the Strike Sensor the last 4 seasons without issue.

It's really handy when fishing between docks when you don't have direct line of sight of your flag.

Post Your Comment
6/8/15 @ 2:56 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
wow - they developed this fast based on recommendation below Wink

http://www.deepfreezefishing.com/product/bluetipz-receiver-2/

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 6:23 PM
Fishin AGAIN!!
Fishin AGAIN!!
USER since 11/20/14
On Monday I will have a new phone and I will give it a try again. I will report back with results! Maybe the developers can come up with a list of devices that will work the best with the product?

Post Your Comment
6/5/15 @ 7:53 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
do they have recommended phones? Are there 3rd party blue tooth repeaters that could help?

Post Your Comment
6/4/15 @ 2:00 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
Confirmed what I thought. Certain phones have caused issues with the efficacy of the product. The signals are transmitted fine. It is the phones ability to pick up and process the signal that is the issue. Get a better or a different phone, and the problems with these should go away.

Post Your Comment
6/3/15 @ 11:02 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
That was my thought too. More likely the phone than the product.

Post Your Comment
6/3/15 @ 7:59 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
there are different classes of blue tooth radios, and the Iphone has the lowest grade one. It is probably more a problem with the phones being used than the actual tip up transmitter.

When ice fishing there should be little to no interference issues.

I think a better solution would be for this company to make a simple blue light that you put in your shanty that lights up if ANY flags go up. It take a micro second once out of shanty to figure out which one is up

Post Your Comment
6/2/15 @ 8:27 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
I work with the wife of one of this products developers. I will talk to her or her husband and try to find out why there are issues with range and speed.

Post Your Comment
3/15/15 @ 9:51 AM
WalleyeKillerJVL
WalleyeKillerJVL
USER since 2/20/13
I bought 3 last season and they were not reliable at 50yds. I only use them now for the lights on top. I don't run the app.

Post Your Comment
3/2/15 @ 10:56 PM
Muskie Fever
Muskie Fever
USER since 7/28/09
These things are so inconsistent it's rediculous. Buyer BEWARE! Now that I think about it the only time mine worked properly was the first time out. The next 6 trips out all 4 of them have completely sucked!

Has anyone tried getting there money back from the company?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts