Bite Me Box Tip-ups - anyone using these?

2/23/15 @ 6:34 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09
Look cool - pretty pricey. Anyone using them??
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
2/26/15 @ 7:49 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Mine are just an actual rectangular box, lower profile. Granted we built ours long before anyone tried to commercialize it so they are custom jobs. I don't have the slanted front on them, that's why I think I can just build 3 sizes and have them slide into each other, don't have that high part to worry about. The tops on mine just lift off and I use the top to kneel on at times when its wet on the ice. Then my flag is similar where it uses a slide weight.

One update I need to make is to paint my flags black. Everyone, including me, use orange flags. On sunny days those can be hard to see, but a black flag against white snow stands out night and day.

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 8:26 PM
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09
Thank you for the input and nice job! Think I will make some too. If the "real" thing was like $49.99 I would probably order three right now. $300.00 (for three)plus shipping is out of my budget.

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 12:01 PM
esoxtomtom
esoxtomtom
USER since 4/24/08
I made my own works pretty good

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 11:31 AM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
USER since 1/16/07
Mine from a few years ago...

They are fine if you leaving them in the permanent. But if your on the move I prefer to use regular boards.

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 7:08 PM
Unclebuck66
Unclebuck66
USER since 1/6/10
I've seen them in action and loved it but I to found it too rich for my wallet. So I made my own version using a rattle real and scraps I had around work shop. I thing its works out just as good as the real thing. Here are some photos. What do you all think?

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 7:05 PM
Unclebuck66
Unclebuck66
USER since 1/6/10
I've seen them in action and loved it but I to found it too rich for my wallet. So I made my own version using a rattle real and scraps I had around work shop. I thing its works out just as good as the real thing. Here are some photos. What do you all think?

Post Your Comment
2/24/15 @ 7:30 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
One thing I might try when I have time to build some new ones is to make 3 sizes, so that they can fit inside each other. That would require one to be fairly large, but it should take up less space than 3 the same size that can't fit together.

Post Your Comment
2/23/15 @ 5:52 PM
Ice Junky
Ice Junky
USER since 8/21/09
That's cool Lake S. I am thinking about making my own too. $99 is a bit pricy for my blood but they do look like a quality product. I like the concept.

Post Your Comment
2/23/15 @ 8:34 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I make my own. Love not having frozen holes and they are sensitive enough to use from crappie to pike. My flag works similar to a tip down, sort of like an enclosed tip down that can free spool.

They are bulkier though, you can't just toss 3 in a bucket. I use charcoal in mine for the heat source. They last a long time, we have some that my dad built in the 80's yet that work to this day.

Edited on 2/23/15 8:38 AM
Post Your Comment