Best lures for bass and bluegill

12/29/15 @ 2:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pike man15
Pike man15
USER since 1/15/15
I am new to ice fishing and wondering what other people use to catch bluegill and bass. I am looking for names of jigs, colors, and sizes, and what to tip it with for bass. And same goes for bluegill. Also if I were to ice fish small neighborhood ponds what do I look for when trying to catch fish in the winter
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
12/31/15 @ 9:22 PM
Otter Box
Otter Box
USER since 12/10/14
Frogs(artificial) for bass & leeches or wigglers for gills depending on open water or ice.

Post Your Comment
12/31/15 @ 9:11 PM
flatlander68
flatlander68
USER since 1/24/06
I forgot Fiskas. Sticky sharp and great quality

Post Your Comment
12/31/15 @ 8:30 AM
Foundry Rat
Foundry Rat
USER since 1/21/10
Over the years I have had much better luck with a jig that sits horizontal in the water verses one that sits vertical. I have hundreds of dollars of jigs that sit vertical. The real key to using small vertical jigs for Bluegills, crappie and bass is to tie directly to the jig and pull the knot toward the eye of the hook slightly so the jig sits level. If you get a bite and miss, if there was any resistance, you have to real in and reset the knot. It's worth the effort for big gills. Mitzi Ditzi, Rat Finks, Horizontal Moon Glows, Genz Worms etc. Cast Masters, blade baits and Pimples for crappies and Bass too. Red/gold Cast master, orange, red, chart. jigs. Tip jigs and spoons with spikes or wax worms but sometimes jigs tipped with tiny plastics like Wedgies work better.

Post Your Comment
12/31/15 @ 8:09 AM
nbaker2
nbaker2
USER since 3/6/09
I like Fiskas for bluegills and pearch, tungsten cost more but works great, yellow pearch and fire tiger work good. I used to use moon jigs, orange and white.

Post Your Comment
12/30/15 @ 10:35 PM
Pike man15
Pike man15
USER since 1/15/15
Thanks. I will check it out.

Post Your Comment
12/30/15 @ 6:23 PM
flatlander68
flatlander68
USER since 1/24/06
Custom jigs and spins website is great. I like ratsos black, glow pink, candy corn blue 2-spot. little cecil or cleos for bass purple is my favorite. tungsten is great but expensive. good luck

Post Your Comment
12/29/15 @ 3:51 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
To ups with medium roaches for bass. Small blk mooska jig for bluegill. That should get you started. Good luck.

Post Your Comment