battery Augers Ion vs Strikemaster

12/19/15 @ 8:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Stevekeno
Stevekeno
USER since 12/21/08
Wondering how those who have the Ion or Strikemaster like them, and if anyone's had any battery issues, as replacement is pretty costly?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
2/22/16 @ 5:28 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Drilled about 30 holes Saturday and still had 3 bars on the meter.Did the same on Sunday. The ion drills as many holes as I care to drill in a day.Poor stinking fishing however. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
2/21/16 @ 8:46 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
MEMBER since 12/11/01
Just bought a 8" Ion from Reeds. $459, free shipping and no tax if in Wi.

Post Your Comment
2/21/16 @ 2:50 PM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03
Thanks for the info Greyfox, it's now officialy crossed off my bucket list.

Post Your Comment
2/21/16 @ 12:19 PM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08
Love my Ion, only wish I could have used it more this year! Crying Cool

Post Your Comment
2/21/16 @ 10:33 AM
oldwalt
oldwalt
USER since 8/9/01
Chaser, I've got a Honda Lite in pieces in the shop. Scored a piston because U have to warm them up a few minuets every time before u use them. Honda said it would cost me $250. to fix ( not covered by warranty ) drill is 6 months old. Use an Ion now and I can have 5 or more holes cut in the time it takes for the Honda to warm up ! I love my Ion !! Big Smile Big Smile

Post Your Comment
2/21/16 @ 12:02 AM
Jeff H
Jeff H
MEMBER since 3/22/03
ION all the way!! If you are fishing in -20 you can buy a small insulated bag from ION which holds a hand warmer to keep the battery warm between uses. Battery unclips fron the unit in about 5 seconds, nothing to it.I bought the ION auger this year and love it.

Post Your Comment
2/18/16 @ 1:30 PM
perch chaser
perch chaser
USER since 2/6/03
I posed this question a few days ago but some how it got deleted?

Been thinking about buying the Strikemaster Honda lite 8". Wondering if anyone can give me any input on any problems it may have, if any, such as performance, torque, or any breakdowns of parts. I do use a 5" laser on a Milwaukee Fuel drill but when needing an 8" hole on thicker ice, that's pushing it. I understand it weighs only 26lbs which is a big plus for me.

Post Your Comment
2/18/16 @ 9:11 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Hey there, I am on the Eskimo/Ion Pro staff. They do go on sale. Actually this time of the year, and the very beginning of the year is the best time to buy them, you will get your best prices. The MSRP of these units have stayed the same for the past 2 years, the reverse did not cause a price increase. I do not have one for sale at this time. If are really interested in one, IM me, and I can direct you to some good deals on line that will include free shipping.

Post Your Comment
2/18/16 @ 8:42 AM
gray fox
gray fox
MEMBER since 2/22/08
I bought the Ion, and really like it. It is light to carry. The reverse slush for cleaning out the hole,really works. It is quite operating. Can't say enough about it. Cool

Post Your Comment
2/17/16 @ 4:45 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
I don't think the IONS ever go on sale. For your buddy looking for a deal, maybe Craigslist or something if someone wants to sell theirs. I think the price is set and can't be tinkered with as far as how low they can be sold. If anything, I think the price might have gone up, maybe the anti-slush reverse feature is the reason. Once in a while a store might throw in a gift card to sweeten the deal, but that's about it. I'm curious how long the batteries last. I'm on year 3 and it's still in great shape. It's interesting how many reviews I've read about the ION as well as my own experience. Very positive overall. You just don't see the complaints that you typically see when browsing through a bunch of comments.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts