SEARCH
MORE
Ice Fishing

Barometric pressure and ice fishing

12/11/18 @ 4:03 PM
INITIAL POST
cheyenne
User since 2/5/16

Does anyone have any comments on the barometric pressure effects ice fishing?

Displaying 1 to 15 of 40 posts
1/21/19 @ 10:50 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Same for me. Love the graph. 

1/21/19 @ 9:51 PM
jaybeeturtle
User since 3/17/06

I use Weather Underground also. Seems to have the best 10 day forcasts too

1/21/19 @ 8:21 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Dude, weather underground shows pressure along w/ a graph that shows the trend over the 10 day forecast.

1/21/19 @ 7:36 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

Drummer boy, I totally agree. 

1/21/19 @ 11:05 AM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

I do not think barometric pressure affects deep water fish as mutch as shallow water fish.

1/21/19 @ 9:59 AM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03

Does anyone have a weather app that shows pressure?  I use Weather.com app and I don't think it shows pressure at all.  

1/20/19 @ 7:39 PM
Highbridge
User since 1/29/18
Steady bite this afternoon for panfish, mostly bluegills with a few perch mixed in. Some aggressive, some tight lipped. Watched fish stare at the jig for a minute and all of a sudden an aggressive one shoots in and nails the jig. Vilas county. 
1/20/19 @ 6:24 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

I think the pressure is even higher today than it was yesterday. Cold out there!! 

1/20/19 @ 2:17 PM
AWichman
AWichman
User since 1/6/16

Just coming back from a week on Winnibigoshish in Minnesota. First two days were in the teens, then the bottom dropped out with highest the rest of the week being -12 during the day. The barometer was rising throughout the week and fishing slowed, but we just kept chasing them deeper until we found active fish.

I know the combination of falling temps and rising pressure is what forced them to deeper water. It made it tough because we would go fish outside in a different area to find active fish, then bring the skid house with my dad in it. 

1/20/19 @ 12:43 AM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

I fish with a guy and the 1st thing he does is look at the barometer in tbe morning before going out. Pretty much predicts the days catch.

1/19/19 @ 11:39 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Glad you did well Lake King. 

Read reports from various lakes. Seemed like a tough bite in general today for most.

1/19/19 @ 7:17 PM
Drawsbaby
User since 5/7/03

Fished in Oneida county Thursday, Friday and today. You bet it was a tough bite. Lookers but no takers. 

1/19/19 @ 3:00 PM
n.pike
n.pike
User since 4/2/02

Here we go. HUGE barometric pressure today and tomorrow. Anyone out? Anybody with friends or family out and you can offer us a report... I'm taking the weekend off. Hope people that are out do well, but I would think it's a very challenging bite. 

1/16/19 @ 12:53 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I think fish in flowing water are less affected by what the air is doing than lake fish. And some species are more affected than others. But I go fishing when I feel like it. I really like catching and eating pike and they seem less affected so I got that going for me, which is nice. 

1/16/19 @ 11:10 AM
perch chaser
User since 2/6/03

If you're a "weekend warrior" fish when you can...and enjoy the day.

If you're a retired guy (like me) fish when it's above freezing, sunny,and no wind...and enjoy the day.

If you're a "gotta have it guy" fish every day there is ice on the water... and enjoy the days, if you can.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 40 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE