ATV Road Salt Protection

2/26/14 @ 9:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Badger Man
Badger Man
USER since 2/5/13
I have been hauling my ATV across Wisconsin this winter from Fox Lake to Winnebago & Green Bay and found the greatest the product for keeping my $7000.00 investment salt, road slush & snow free. I have used travel covers in the past but they did not cover my Auger "with 6 in extension" and rear rack bag very well. I added a couple pictures showing my Grizzly 700 covered. I have Tatou 4 tracks that adds 2 foot of length to my machine and have yet to find a cover that works with tracks. But the cover I found this year has an ingenious ratchet system that unzips from the back of the machine. With a simple pull the cover tightens around my machine and keeps all the nasty stuff off my machine. A friend of mine towed his ATV last season without a cover and the road salt pitted all his aluminum and got into every nook and cranny. The cover also has 5 ratchet pockets so I can tie down my machine after I have loaded it on my trailer and covered it. It also has a Soft liner and super tuff fabric should last me a lifetime. I noticed they also had the same style for UTV's. Just thought I would share my find. Best fishing of the season is still ahead of us.http://www.dowcopowersports.com/new-guardian-trailerable-ratchet-fastening-atv-cover.aspx
Edited on 2/26/14 12:52 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
7/13/14 @ 12:37 PM
blackhawks
blackhawks
USER since 12/28/03
Hey fishhook. Sorry for the nearly 2 month delayed response....hadn't been on the Ice Fishing forum since I posted about the ATV travel cover. Yes, I would love to hook up on Fox Lake this coming ice season. I didn't make it up there this past year and I regret it. Keep in touch....I still have your phone number. Will you guys hold your Gone Fishing outing this year? Take care.

Post Your Comment
5/17/14 @ 8:08 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER since 9/16/01
hey blackhawks,

I use the same cabelas travel cover. works very well keeping salt off my ATV.

lets get together on fox lake in 2015,eh?

Post Your Comment
5/16/14 @ 7:15 PM
blackhawks
blackhawks
USER since 12/28/03
Twotimes, I bought a travel cover from Cabelas 5 years ago and it is still good. It has openings for running your ratchet straps through. At the end of the season, I wash it thoroughly and let it dry before storing it for the summer/fall. I just bought another one as a back up. Make sure you buy the trailerable cover vs. storage cover....around $100 but well worth it. Currently, on sale.

Link:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-Trailerable-ATV-Cover/1234231.uts

Edited on 5/16/14 7:34 PM
Post Your Comment
4/15/14 @ 12:21 PM
twotimes
twotimes
USER since 1/8/13
How long have you had the cover ? Sounds like its hard to find covers that don't rip

Post Your Comment
2/27/14 @ 5:07 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Nice cover Badger Man.

Post Your Comment