Are you done for the season?

3/9/14 @ 4:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
I am not. Still hoping to catch some nice fish this year through the ice. Conditions right now are brutal with all the snow, slush, and ice up north. I am taking a few weeks off. But, with the temps falling after this warm up and all that ice still left, I'm expecting to have a few trips left this year yet. Hopefully the snow doesn't melt suddenly and eat that ice away, but there is just so much ice left, I'd have to think we have quite a bit of time yet, at least up north and probably most of the state. Nothing better than catching fish in 50 degree weather on top of 20 inches of ice! Are you done? Ready for open water? Or, still planning on catching some fish through the ice?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 66 Posts
5/6/14 @ 11:36 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06
Hey n.pike, schools out soon, so no more giving out grades, LOL! But I will give our annual ice trip in Waukesha county an A+ as usual. If u get down my way this summer I got a spot on a river full of 30+ inch pike waiting for ya

Post Your Comment
5/3/14 @ 10:59 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Ok, I'm finally done for the season. Got out today for the opener on the ice on La Vieux Desert. Great to be on the ice one more time and the ice was in really good shape considering it's May 3, so never really felt like I was in a dangerous situation. It won't last too long though with the sun and warm temps coming, but it's still fishable, but I think most have their tip ups in storage by now. Can't wait for next ice fishing season already! It was a good year for me. I'll give it an A- which beats the winter before which I may have given a D as far as amount of decent fish I or my kids caught.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 2:21 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Saw a group on Lake Minocqua when I drove through Friday.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 1:15 PM
Dave (Golden)
Dave (Golden)
MEMBER since 6/22/01
Put most of my stuff away this weekend except for a couple rods and a light hand auger in case I hike into some high reservoirs. Most of the big ones are unsafe now.

Looking forward to some shore wading (fly fishing) for pike (sight fishing) around the edges in a couple weeks at a few of them.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 10:37 AM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
Still guys fishin on lake namekagon in bayfield co this weekend. Still 14 inches out there.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 10:36 AM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09
Still guys fishin on lake namekagon in bayfield co this weekend. Still 14 inches out there.

Post Your Comment
4/28/14 @ 10:36 AM
grizwald
grizwald
USER since 2/6/09

Post Your Comment
4/25/14 @ 4:33 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05
Boat? What boat?

You be careful out there. I'm sure you know to bring life vest, rope, ice picks, cell phone in a zip lock bag, and a buddy if you can find one with your courage. And good luck.

Post Your Comment
4/25/14 @ 4:29 PM
n.pike
n.pike
USER since 4/2/02
Last chance to ice fish. Soft water for the rest of the spring/summer/fall, so gotta at least try to get on that stuff if possible. Besides, this might be a once in a lifetime experience, fishing opening day with tip ups. But, the boat will be fun too with time...

Post Your Comment
4/25/14 @ 6:36 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
N.Pike, you have to be itching to take that new boat you're getting out on some soft water. Take the boat

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 66 Posts