Aqua Vu micro

10/11/13 @ 11:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
TeamG
TeamG
USER since 4/28/08
I am looking for a smaller camera to take with me just for checking structure and weeds. I tip up fish most of the time so I wouldn't be using it for jigging. Are these small camera's worth it? I have heard bad reviews on them did they fix the problems on them? I had an old aqua vu zt but it went to crap on me a few years ago and I was to cheap to get a new one. Now though with the less time I get on the ice I want to be more proactive in pursuit of fish and I think the camera will help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts
1/7/15 @ 8:37 PM
.Pan Handler.
.Pan Handler.
USER since 5/8/08
Ditto on the sun. I've had a Micro for three seasons now, the glare makes it impossible to see most of the time. I rarely even bring it out anymore. I also would not buy it again.

Post Your Comment
1/7/15 @ 3:58 PM
boge
boge
USER since 2/2/06
I have a Micro and my biggest complaint is it's really hard to see outside.If it's sunny out,forget it.I put my parka over my head but it's a pain in the ass.Ive had mine a couple years and I wouldn't by another one.

Post Your Comment
1/3/15 @ 4:50 PM
gater
gater
USER since 11/25/07
I got the UV micro plus, charged it went out checked 1 hole, put it in my pocket set up went in the shack turned it on and it shut off right away like the battery was dead. I took it home plugged it in and the green light came on like the battery was charged so I took it back. They must still have issues that have to be worked out.

Post Your Comment
12/7/14 @ 10:54 PM
jbird68
jbird68
USER since 1/24/05
Well, I broke down and picked up the AV Micro II tonight. Already filled out the $50 rebate form from Gander mountain and the rebate form from aqua Vu for the free case and car charger. Going in the mail tomorrow. Would be nice if they had an after market cover that snapped on to protect the screen. Wife wasn't happy I spent money on myself at Christmas time. Sad

Post Your Comment
12/7/14 @ 4:53 PM
JustPerchinAround
JustPerchinAround
USER since 1/16/14
I used my MICRO AV-II for the first time today. I wasn't pleased at all. I followed the charging instructions and still got only 90 minutes of battery life out of it on the ice today. Needless to say I will be returning it to farm and fleet tonight. I'm pretty disappointed about it too….

Post Your Comment
12/6/14 @ 5:57 AM
Edward Felcohands
Edward Felcohands
USER since 2/24/09
I picked up the micro 2 last night, I am heading up for a week long ice trip and will be testing it to see it If I keep it. Anybody have any comments on battery life? What about the camera cable? It just seems so tiny and flimsy compared to what I am used to.

Post Your Comment
12/5/14 @ 7:55 PM
jbird68
jbird68
USER since 1/24/05
Gander Mountain has the Aqua Vu Micro for $249 and a $50 mail-in rebate right now until Dec. 17th. Then you can also get a free case if you can find the offer form for that. Cabela's and BassPro has the form. May Aqua Vu has it, too.

Post Your Comment
12/1/14 @ 6:40 AM
fishngod
fishngod
USER since 3/14/07
I bought a micro 5 at the beginning of last season. It worked good at first and was happy with the picture and the ability to record. Then every time I took it out and put the puck in the water it was a white screen until I warmed up the puck in my mouth or armpit. AV said they knew about the problem and sent me a whole new camera. Same problem! Now I had two cameras I couldn't use for ice fishing. They told me to send both back and gave me a refund - no solutions to the problem. A little disappointed with their answer to say the least. Crying

Post Your Comment
11/30/14 @ 8:55 PM
haagar65
haagar65
USER since 3/29/11
I used old line spools. You have to find one that has big enough hole for screw. I used old seaquar line spool.

Post Your Comment
11/28/14 @ 9:56 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Has anyone figured out a good workaround for the extremely brittle spool that the cable is on? I think I'm on my third or fourth one.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts