Aqua-Vu Micro underwater Camera

12/10/13 @ 9:59 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Abumatic
Abumatic
USER since 5/8/10
Looking for some feed back on this product, I like what I have read but hoping some of you have used them and could give me some feed back to help me make up my mind.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
7/21/14 @ 8:09 AM
northernexsposure
northernexsposure
USER since 3/15/08
I got the micro plus last January, after some use I have this to say about. Great camera, Clear picture, the on/off light is a great feature. Fits in the tackle box for open water fishing and is quick to take out and see what's in the weeds. I think it's best use is open water. I don't get why they went so cheap on the case. I went through 3 of these before ever taking it out due to the line holder being broken in the sealed box. Then the one that wasn't broke did break on the first use and this summer the lid hinge broke. Some tape fixed both problems but why have such a great camera in such a flimsy case? Over all great picture and great transport ability in a garbage case. With that said, I would buy another just plan on taping it together as the case gets some use.

Post Your Comment
1/7/14 @ 8:35 PM
walleye44
walleye44
USER since 12/18/13
The Aqua Vu micro is a nice camera. The only thing I think it is missing is the ability to turn off the IR. If you fish a dirty lake I would upgrade to the Aqua Vu micro plus. You get a sun shield, digital 3x zoom, and you can turn the IR lights on and off. I love this camera. Video is great and this fits into your pocket!

Post Your Comment
12/12/13 @ 12:07 AM
Troy Peterson
Mr.BLuegill
USER since 12/12/01

here is some video of the micro +DVR in action with the Mopod. I love the combination. the ability to record is awesome!

right now i believe the micros have a rebate for a free padded soft case and dc cigarette charger. The Micro +DVR 5" should be here any day and i cant wait to mount that one to the snowmobile.

The battery life is incredible, the size is perfect and the clarity is pretty darn good for such a small camera. I was picking up clear color video at depths past 20 feet.

Tight Lines! Mr.Bluegill

Post Your Comment
12/11/13 @ 10:01 PM
Abumatic
Abumatic
USER since 5/8/10
I would probably stick with my Marcum when they are biting but would love to have a look at some the brush piles and submerged trees I fish, and to get a look at sniffers. Anyone ever get snagged up on any structure?

Post Your Comment
12/10/13 @ 6:37 PM
Pete Pete Pete
Pete Pete Pete
USER since 12/21/05
Thanks for bringing this up.

The reel that holds the wire is somewhat fragile. I broke mine last year and need to order a couple of spares.

Other than that, it's mainly used for checking bottom/looking for weeds.

Post Your Comment
12/10/13 @ 4:24 PM
Zmaniac
Zmaniac
USER since 2/8/06
I've been using one for the last couple years and love it. I too use it more for checking each hole for the type of weeds and bottom content prior to setting up. It is a little more fragile than the camera I use to jig with, but the convenience of having it in my pocket all the time and the clarity it shows is well worth it. I also have used it when Walleye fishing in open water and it performed perfectly. I couldn't tell you how many times I've dropped it down the hole and came face to face with fish. It's just another tool that will aid you in making the task at hand a little easier.

Post Your Comment
12/10/13 @ 12:06 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Fleet just had a sale on these $199

Post Your Comment
12/10/13 @ 12:03 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Fleet just had a sale on these $199

Post Your Comment
12/10/13 @ 10:10 AM
haagar65
haagar65
USER since 3/29/11
I bought one last year I just use it to check for weeds, fish and other structure. I dont use it when im fishing. Still need to shade it when sunny. It is a little less durable than normal cameras but I can carry in pocket. I use it alot more in open water.

Post Your Comment