Aqua View Scout ll on off switch

1/7/15 @ 5:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Shanatized Walleye
Shanatized Walleye
USER since 12/8/01
My scout 2's on off switch is shot.Battery and fuse are checked out to be ok.I called gander mountain where I got it of coarse they don't do repairs. Called Aqua View in Minnesota and said they would send me a monitor and on off switch for $50.00. plus S/H/.WHY WOULD I NEED A NEW MONITOR IF IT IS JUST THE SWITCH?Does anyone know of somewhere in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin that might be able just to fix the switch?Thanks!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
1/13/15 @ 9:41 PM
Shanatized Walleye
Shanatized Walleye
USER since 12/8/01
Thanks for the input!SW

Post Your Comment
1/10/15 @ 4:51 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
I'm assuming the on / off switch is integral to the monitor?

If so, the monitor will likely come apart with a couple of screws. I'm sure Radio Shack would have something as far as a new switch goes...

If Aqua view will only send out a new monitor with a switch, and not the switch itself, you have nothing to lose if you get in over your head. If it doesn't work, pay the 50 bucks for the new monitor...

From your post, it doesn't sound like you have much choice, as Aqua View does not sell just the switch.

Also, on the odd chance you find someone who happens to have a spare switch - that would have to cost 10 bucks, and 45 minutes of someones time. You'll end up spending 50 bucks one way or the other.

I say dig in and see what you can come up with...

Edited on 1/10/15 4:52 AM
Post Your Comment