USER since 11/25/02
was held at lake lawn resort a couple times now
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts
1/20/16 @ 6:20 PM
Frozenman
Frozenman
USER since 12/16/07
Well that certainly stinks!! Just a lack of scheduling seems to be the issue IMO. You'd think they would plan that out a few months in advance. Maybe they could schedule a summer Jambo to make up for the pain and anguish some of us will suffer. Oh the humanity! Sad Crying

Post Your Comment
1/20/16 @ 5:41 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I just got an e-mail saying the Jamboree is cancelled due to scheduling difficulties. Maybe next year I guess. Stuff happens that we can not control sometimes. Sweating

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 7:08 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
It's a big secret Knobbs!!

Post Your Comment
1/19/16 @ 1:29 PM
knobbs
knobbs
USER since 3/24/10
I have always loved attending the jamboree, but have not seen anything on it for 2016. swamp people by chance have you heard anything?

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 5:29 PM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
there is a reason the fishing derby has a low payout and small categories. Wink

Post Your Comment
12/27/15 @ 8:12 AM
EYEfanatic
EYEfanatic
USER since 11/26/10
My only complaint about the LL jamboree is the fact anyone can enter for the door prizes even if you don't fish in the event. Last year my group didn't win anything, but we sat and watched people who don't fish win expensive rods, tip-ups, shacks, electronics. Guess who won the grand prize? The woman who is sleeping with the one of the owners of the establishnent... Weird huh... Also the cash prizes for the actual contest were very small.

Post Your Comment
12/24/15 @ 9:35 PM
swamp people
swamp people
USER since 5/14/12
Any info yet on 2016 jamboree, might need a boat!

Post Your Comment
2/8/15 @ 3:11 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
USER since 4/5/09
Sounded like a good time, and like I've stated before, I'm going to make it to one of these someday! Just need the perfect combination of my busy little family not being busy with something else, having my wife not working that weekend, and hopefully having it closer to home someday.

You'll never have a perfect weekend and perfect location that will work for everyone obviously, but it would be nice to see it a bit more centrally located somewhere. I realize there is a ton of things to weigh...such as the number of the L-L "family" is more populous in the higher populated portions of the state/Midwest, while making sure you're far enough "north" to have good ice conditions. Also the need to find a banquet area and lodging for several hundred people on a body of water that holds a decent number of fish and doesn't have any other major events going on the weekend. That being said, (greedily!), somewhere like Lake Wissota, Holcombe Flowage, or even Lake Wausau or Lake Dubay would be cool!

Post Your Comment
2/8/15 @ 6:34 AM
lawdog616
lawdog616
USER since 1/20/04
Great time, good food, lots of prizes. Had a blast and both my brother and I won a raffle. Definitely want to do this one again. Thanks guys for a great Jamboree.

Post Your Comment
2/4/15 @ 3:36 PM
lawdog616
lawdog616
USER since 1/20/04
See you all Saturday. The list of prizes is out and it looks good. Hope the weather cooperates, it is cold as heck right now. Good luck everyone.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 27 Posts