2014 Clam Kenai Pro vs 2015 Clam Kenai Pro Thermal

9/30/15 @ 9:24 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Prez
Prez
USER since 12/31/04
I bought the Clam Kenai Pro last year and used it about 10 times. Towards the end of the the year the black coating on the inside started flaking off. I called Clam a couple weeks back and filled out a warranty claim on it. They told me they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't happen again. He recommended that I sell the shanty and upgrade the the Clam Kenai Pro thermal. I asked if I could just pay the difference in the price and do a warranty upgrade and they agreed for a $50 upgrade fee. Received the new thermal tent and installed it 2 days ago......it is awesome!! But it had a small 2 inch tear in the seam and they are replacing it again. Had to cut the logos out and 6 inches of the door zipper for them to send me a new one. Seems like a waste but oh well. Cant wait to get this thing on the ice this year.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
10/30/15 @ 11:47 AM
j_shoe99
j_shoe99
USER since 2/20/13
I sat in the new Kenai Pro Thermal at Cabela's the other day.(FYI: cabela's sale online shows $299 vs. $350 in-store.) It seemed very nice. Very roomy, and I liked the seat, the hammock and corner organizer. I didn't like how short and stubby the sled is though.

(I still opted to buy the clearance Frabill Commando Thermal instead though)

Post Your Comment
10/13/15 @ 10:16 AM
Matt Veech
MnLegendpro211
USER since 9/11/12
Glad to hear the excitement for the ice fishing season!! Love to hear the fact that you run a Clam, the new thermal is unreal! You will love every bit of the new shell!

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 8:51 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
get one of the new Otter Hideouts...I have been holding out upgrading my scout for years on promise of a light weight thermal otter and they finally came out this year.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 6:35 AM
ezturn
ezturn
USER since 9/4/12
I Had a similar problem with a Clam Thermal Vista due to a problem with one of the supports. They replaced it at no cost to me. I used it quite a bit last year, A little hard to set up but I like it.

Post Your Comment