2/3 person flip over shanty

2/3/16 @ 12:51 AM
ORIGINAL POST
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Dumping my frabil speed shack. Need so.ething easier and more portable for my son & wife & I. Looking at the otter lodge and cabin. Kinda leaning towards the lodge. Anyone have any input on this? Will be pulling with an atv or sled. Thanks in advance.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts
2/7/16 @ 4:41 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
After searching Craigslist and seeing everyone who thinks they have a gold mine and wants top dollar on a 3 year oldshanty. I ended up getting a smoking deal. I purchased a otter xt pro lodge for 625. Assembly was a bit of a chore. But in a heated garage with tv and some beer. Was an easy task. Used it this weekend. It is heavy. However easy to load on my trailer with the 4 wheeler. Heats up nicely. People gave me strange looks when they seen me fishing in my slippers,underwear and cigar hanging out of my mouth. All kidding aside what a kick butt shanty.

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 7:46 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
They are heavy to load in the back of ur truck alone, but you basically slide theme up. It can be done, but Eventually I will get a single for myself.

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 7:13 PM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
I own the xt1200 pro and love it. Like the swivel seats and really like insulated fabric. Fits in my 2003 Silverado truck bed. I haul it on the ice with my atv but can still load it on my truck by myself. Got it on sale at cabelas and was also on sale at fleet farm.

Also, I put the hyfax kit on, makes pulling the shack a lot easier. Even by hand.

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 11:55 AM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
For my Otter I made a smitty sled makes pulling it out allot easier

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 11:48 AM
DuckSlayin88
DuckSlayin88
USER since 9/13/11
tiddies - I have had Cabela's do a price match for me many times. Is the shack you want in the fleet farm sales ad? Often times I prefer Cabelas because their return policy is awesome (depending on the product). I didnt know if it was a case of not wanting to support Cabela's or that you'd rather just drive all that way to Fleet. Obviously dont want this to make a Fleet/Cabela's/Bass Pro/etc debate (I shop a lot at Fleet) but wanted to make you aware of this. Congrats on the new shanty!

Post Your Comment
2/4/16 @ 11:31 AM
stealthbimmer
stealthbimmer
USER since 7/10/10
I have a 650xt cabin. 2 people fit very comfortably, I have had 3 adult males in there too...but I wouldnt do it every day.

I have a f150 crew cab 5.5' bed w/topper. Fits with 0 room to spare length wise.

fyi, if you are looking for something "easier" to haul...otter is not what you are looking for. My shelter weighs in at like 95lbs dry...add all the gear and it is 150-200lbs. I dont take it out unless I can pull it with my atv. I have tried to handpull a couple times and regret it every time.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 9:01 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
I have a Tundra and JUST fits Cool My Resort on the other hand.....I have to lift it and close tailgate and leave topper open.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 8:23 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Crappie guy. Does the lodge fit in the back of your ram ok? I have a 04 3500 crew cab. Fleet farm has them on sale for 625. Sad that I live within 15 miles of bass pro and gander will also be passing up a cabelas to get a shanty at a good price.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 1:22 PM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
Thks guys for your input. I'm gonna go with the otter lodge. I think it will be a great value for my family. Done messing around with the frabil speed shack xl.

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 12:50 PM
The Fishinnut
The Fishinnut
USER since 8/11/10
I have the XT1200 Lodge and love it ! I believe now it's replaced with the XTpro ? Also just bought XT Resort oh man is this BIG and still heats up well, and last I seen were still on sale at Cabelas for $699 Wink

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts