1 man flip over in car

1/11/16 @ 9:58 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Paintball1084
Paintball1084
USER since 1/2/10
Im looking at maybe getting a Clam Kenai 1 man and was wondering if anyone else has this shanty and is able to fit it in a small car. I have a toyota corolla so there is not a ton of room in there. I noticed the folded dimensions are 50x36x16. Any help would be great before I buy one Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
1/13/16 @ 10:42 PM
Paintball1084
Paintball1084
USER since 1/2/10
Well i am the proud new owner of a clam nanook. Like Ondawatta it fits like a glove with my seats down. But still plenty of room for my power auger and rod bag. Took me almost 2 hours to put it together. I will test it out on friday.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 3:14 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
The hub style shelters are only good for tip up fishing or sitting in one spot. I don't like them for pan fishing, I move constantly.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 3:12 PM
luckyfish
luckyfish
USER since 1/19/14
Just bought one last week at Fleet Farm in Osh. last one. Found out it is water resistant not water proof. Bought some water repellent at FF according to manufacturer directions. Haven't use it yet- thinking if it's in the 20's won't need a heater.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 12:43 PM
Ondawatta
Ondawatta
MEMBER since 5/27/13
Simply ask them to take a display model out to your car to see if it will fit. I did that at Gander a few years ago, had my eye on a Nanook, but had to fit in back of my Prius. Fit like a glove. It's a small two man, but perfect size when I fish alone. Size of base is comparable to 1 man flip overs. Very happy with it.

Post Your Comment
1/13/16 @ 7:14 AM
markrazzy
markrazzy
USER since 6/23/09
Just gotta do a lot of measuring, and maybe go to a store that has them setup with a measuring tape. I was able to fit a frabill commando in my 2004 grand prix through the trunk. Just popped the back seats down. Would throw all my gear in the commando (including a 10" auger). Worked pretty slick.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 9:53 PM
Paintball1084
Paintball1084
USER since 1/2/10
One of my friends has that exact same one. It works great but I really want something I can hole hop with.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 8:38 PM
Ice_hole
Ice_hole
USER since 1/5/16
I went with an Eskimo Quickfish 3 and a separate sled. Leaves a lot of transport options. I caught it on sale for $129 at Farm & Fleet near me. Tons of room inside, and super easy to set up. Hope this helps!

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 4:45 PM
Paintball1084
Paintball1084
USER since 1/2/10
Well I was about 1 inch away from having a Clam Kenai. The sled fit with the seats folded down but the brackets were too high to close the trunk. Now I wonder if the nanook would fit. I have plenty of room length wise with the seats down. The issue is how tall the tub of the kenai was.

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 11:05 AM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
I agree, get a small sled that will fit in trunk, then get a 2 man pop up style that will fit in our trunk

Post Your Comment
1/12/16 @ 10:59 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I have a smaller 1 man, forget the brand (something cheap) and it would not fit in a trunk or door. Would need a hatchback car. If it went in a trunk it would stick out, you'd have to strap the trunk down.

Another option if you want to be portable would be those shacks that fold flat, 'minute man' type. Pop them up and put in a center pole to keep it open. Fairly cheap, light, and you can move it if you want yet. Just doesn't have the sled base so you'd need a sled yet unless you can bungee strap all the gear on top of the shack to keep it from falling off.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts