Wireless Tip-Up Light Deal

1/15/18 @ 11:01 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Darin - Lake-Link
Darin - Lake-Link
MEMBER since 5/17/01

So our partners at Fleet Farm have a sale going to BlueTipz wireless tip-up lights. They run on a bluetooth low energy and are supposed to reach up to 200 yards.

Anyone ever use these? Would love to hear some feedback before I pull the trigger!

BlueTipz Wireless Tip-Up Light Deal

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts
1/28/18 @ 4:44 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Fished a couple times this weekend. Tip Ups. Performance was greatly enhanced. I took a chance on buying the Reciever/Booster and it paid off. I was very surprised and satisfied after the first flag and this is what happened. 

Got Tip Ups set up around 2:45pm, from 40 to 60 yards from our pier. I needed to walk up to house to get Eskimo QuickFish3 because wind made it colder than we thought it would be. I had my IPhone in my waist pouch. I put Reciever/Booster on Pier. The walk up to house is 75 to 100 yds from pier. As soon as I got inside, my IPhone BlueTipz App blew the Boat horn(Sound I chose). I freaked out. Grabbed the Pop Up shanty and headed down to lake. Looking at my phone, it said #1 Blue Tipz got the hit. That’s the farthest Tip Up away. I estimate maybe 160 yds. That’s the distance because of walking up to house. I was very happy. Had 7 flags in 2 fish outings in 2 days. The Blue Tipz signal batted a perfect score of 7 out of 7. I wish they would have had the Reciever available 3 years ago! I can honestly say the performance was outstanding and so far give it 4 Stars. If anybody has any questions I would be happy to explain the product better. It works awesome now. I have 4 Blue Tipz and 1 Reciever. Works as designed.

Picture shows distance to water from house.

Edited on 1/29/18 5:49 AM
Post Your Comment
1/24/18 @ 5:45 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Got it. Hope it’s worth it. 

Post Your Comment
1/24/18 @ 6:37 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I will receive the Reciever by end of day today so I can use it this weekend. Heading Up Nord Thursday after work. Will give a review on performance by Monday or sooner. Can’t wait and my fingers are crossed!!

Post Your Comment
1/22/18 @ 9:46 PM
lipripper4x5
lipripper4x5
USER since 12/3/01

Iv had mine since they came out. I use an iPhone & have had no issues in any weather. Just changed batteries this year. But I usually only put them a couple hundred feet away. Much better than looking out the window all the time

Post Your Comment
1/22/18 @ 7:56 PM
MAK
MAK
USER since 6/16/01

Been using these for 3 seasons now with mixed results.  Customer service has been outstanding, signal was spotty depending on type of phone - ie S7 is better than S8. 

You'll have better luck with repeater, much more consistent, downside is it can't discern between mine and my neighbors like phone app does.

Rain seems to degrade signal more than snow.  Also helps to make sure battery is in good contact with board.  

Overall I am satisfied, not sure I'd purchase anymore.  

Post Your Comment
1/21/18 @ 9:19 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

My receiver left Eau Clair on the 18th. Is in Chicago now? Hopefully get it early this week so I can test it. From the north to the the south, heading back north is the path it’s taking. I’m being positive about how it will work. When they started selling these lights, there wasn’t a receiver available. So I’m thinking it should improve hook up. 

Post Your Comment
1/19/18 @ 6:43 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Unfortunately Larry this thread is about Blue Tipz. If anybody already dished out money on Blue Tipz, they’re not going to turn around and by the brand you’re talking about. I’ve got a lot stuck into these and am trying to make them work which I will find out next weekend as long as the receiver gets here on time. 

Post Your Comment
1/19/18 @ 9:34 AM
larryallen
larryallen
MEMBER since 12/4/02

I have been using wireless Striksensors made in Wisconsin for maybe 20 years.  They work great for me.  Our cottage is 75 feet from shore and my tipups are probably up to 200 feet out in the lake.  With the receiver inside the cottage in a window facing the lake they work great.  They use a 9 volt transistor radio battery and seem to last forever.  When a tipup is triggered you can stop the alarm from the receiver in the house.  Not sure what Bluetooth may have over the Strikesensors unless their range is farther.

Post Your Comment
1/17/18 @ 12:25 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I ordered the receiver/Booster today and Fleet Farm had the lowest price. We will let you know if it’s successful or not. 

Post Your Comment
1/17/18 @ 8:03 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

I haven’t tried the Booster. I’ll check into getting Booster only(if they sell it by itself) as long as it’s not too expensive. If I get a Booster, I will report results. Just have to find out how much? And can I get it without buying more Blue Tipz. I don’t think I’m out of range because I need knee replacement and surgery on the other knee. I don’t like having to go too far because I can’t run or even jog anymore. When I find out today, I’ll post what I find.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 24 Posts