Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 81 to 90 of 117 Posts
2/25/17 @ 12:57 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Thinking my son and I are going to shoot some Sporty's on Sunday at box horn. I have shot box horn, waukesha, wern, and I think it was Ron's in Manitowoc. Who else has a good coarse? 

Post Your Comment
2/15/17 @ 9:11 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

This past monday the SCTP season has started. We had a great turn out. Lost a couple athletes from last year. But we gained eleven new shooters. It's just fantastic to see our team grow. 

My son put down a 22 and a 24. I was pleasantly surprised he hasn't touched his trap gun sense last August.

And remember. Please support your local and other SCTP school trap shooting teams. The raffles, banquets and invitationals are already going and coming up.

Post Your Comment
1/31/17 @ 7:58 AM
jimmymuller
jimmymuller
USER since 6/20/16

Shotgun sport is a famous one sport in United States. Last Monday I bought a new gun. With this I just hunted three hen and a bird. I really enjoy shooting with this gun. 

Post Your Comment
11/13/16 @ 9:50 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

More than a couple different kinds. Sorry but you're behind the 8 ball here. Should have started this experiment a month or more ago. Slugs are really finicky! Personally, I don't see the need for a 3" slug. Never shot one that worked well in my gun. Hope you find something that works well, whatever brand or size it is. Good luck.

Tim

Post Your Comment
11/11/16 @ 4:10 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Back in the day... about 8 years ago, I bear and whitetail hunted with a shotgun. I used 3" Federal with Barnes Expandables. They shot accurate and the bullet was devastating.  I have read a lot of complaints with the newer version which I have no experience with. My father still uses today, Remington 3" Premier ACCU-TIP Sabot Slugs. He shoots very well with them and they cause a lot of damage. My honest opinion, just buy a couple different kinds and see what kind of groups you get with them. They will all cause fatal damage, trick is to find the consistent accuracy.

Good Luck!!

Post Your Comment
11/11/16 @ 3:52 PM
jetmech64
jetmech64
USER since 7/23/08

I recently moved to Illinois for work. Of course firearm deer hunting hear is slug only. I have set up a Rem 870 with a rifled barrel and scope. Can I get some recommendations for a quality accurate brand slug? Doesn't have to be a cheap round.

Thanks!

Post Your Comment
4/21/16 @ 8:44 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
I was referring to a clinic from Harlan Campbell, Ricky Marshall or the like. With someone as young as your son, it'd be a good idea to get him going in the right direction before he developes bad habits or before he gets discouraged. Talk with his coach.

Best of luck!

Tim

Post Your Comment
4/21/16 @ 7:01 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10
Tim, where are clinics held? Any in the southern Wi. area that you know of? Or would you know of a professional training coach. Think he is now above what the high school trap club coach and i can do. Thx.

Post Your Comment
4/21/16 @ 6:49 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10
Tim gotta ask, what did you mean...."low 90's at 12?". Hard to believe? Well last year at 11 years old (rookie division), a 86 got him 3rd at state. And a month later, at a endowment shoot. A 91 was a tie for 1st, and my son took it with the better reverse run. So now in the intermediate division, to be battling for the top, he needs to be in the mid/upper 90's. It's unbelievable to watch these kids shoot. Part of the problem this year was the gun change. Think he would have been fine if he stuck to his bt99. He is still adjusting to the 725 between the weight and high rib. Station 1 is whipping him (south paw). He now has 475 rounds through it in the last two weeks. So back to drills this weekend, lock the house down on lefts and 50 rounds a couple times from station 1. And just so nobody thinks I'm a crazy dad, drilling my kid to be the best. That's why I'm looking into the Dryfire simulator, 1- hopefully I'd save money on rounds and club fees. 2- he wants me to bring him to the club daily. 3- tired of being jealous, watching him shoot and I cant, cause I can't afford to . 4- it sucks when he beats me in front of a crowd. lol...

Post Your Comment
4/21/16 @ 5:47 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Finally got out to shoot my 'new' gun last weekend. All good so far. It feels strange with a raised comb. Went to patterning board and made some adjustments, including to the butt pad as my friend told me I was canting the gun a bit. Went to the line, missed the 1st two, chipped the next, and missed one more due to driver error for a 22. Followed with a 21. Knocking the rust off. Shot in a charity event the next day and had a 47, with good, solid breaks. Seems like a little more margin for error and I am only shooting 75% high now. I gotta order longer posts to raise it more. It's gonna be a learning curve this year.

Tim

Post Your Comment
Displaying 81 to 90 of 117 Posts