Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 70 to 79 of 117 Posts
3/11/17 @ 12:01 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Grizzly700, I PM'ed you. Had a question. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
3/10/17 @ 10:37 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Sorry to hear Tim. Get well soon and don't retire early on all that money you'll be saving!! 

Post Your Comment
3/10/17 @ 10:18 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

It's looking like my shooting is done for the year even before it starts. Nearly a month ago I wiped out in my driveway on black ice. Landed on my elbow and tore my rotator cuff. It has improved some. Started PT and had MRI today. Don't think it's gonna heal quick enough to allow much fun shooting this year. One thing is for sure. It's gonna save me a lot of money this year. At least I can still work in a slightly limited fashion.

Tim

Post Your Comment
3/10/17 @ 10:42 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

I don't have anything bad to say about Tristar. Then again, the only first hand experience that I have with them is when I sell them to my customers. I have yet to take one out and actually shoot a round with one. I'll try and message some of my customers for first hand reviews and if they get back to me, I'll post their results. I can tell you that the Beretta A300 has been a mover for the local high schools with classes starting soon.

Post Your Comment
3/10/17 @ 10:24 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

So now I'm interested, checked out Tri star. Ran across a Tristar Raptor 20g auto in pink muddy girl camo.  24" barrel and tips the scale at 6 pounds. And runs about $350.00- 400.00. I want one for my daughter. I was going to make her shoot my son's old cut down bps 20g. But a auto, its lighter, shorter and pink! She'll be hooked. It gets decent reviews? But I would like more personal feedback about tristar. 

Post Your Comment
3/4/17 @ 9:20 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Well, Benelli responded to my email. Figured I'd pass the info on. For the raised replacement rubber factory combs. The low and medium are universal (left or right handed). The high raised, is only right and they don't make it in left. 

So I placed a couple orders tonight. One to benelli for a comb. And another to brileys for a couple choke tubes, a large charging bolt and a Tru glo fat bead. Gotta get my son's new gun together for the sporting league.

Ques. I was asked by a parent at our last practice. "We have been looking around, going to buy our son a trap gun." "What do you recommend we buy for our son a, Tri star or a SKB?" I have a SKB century 3. I won it, and the wife shoots it occasionally. So I break it down and clean it. Seems fine, built ok. But I have never picked up or even looked at a Tri star? How are they? Any opinions appreciated. Thanks.

Post Your Comment
2/28/17 @ 9:28 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Been pokin around the ol' Internet. Anyone know of a company that makes a raised replacement comb pad for the benelli sbe2. The kicker here. FOR A LEFT HANDED gun. I can find them for right, not left?

Post Your Comment
2/27/17 @ 9:20 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Anyone shoot both the Browning Citori 725 PRO trap and 725 Trap? Wanted to try it out, longer line and ran out of time. Son shoots the, 725 Trap. There's no visual difference. The recoil system in the stock is about it. Does the Pro shoot much "smoother" and recoil that much less? Than the plain 725? If so, is it all in the stock? Could you replace the 725 trap stock with the pro trap stock?

Post Your Comment
2/27/17 @ 9:15 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Thanks for the update! Also, thanks for the shotgun information. I'll keep an eye on my distributors inventory. I wouldn't mind buying at some deal pricing. 

Think spring! 

Post Your Comment
2/27/17 @ 8:55 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Didn't get to shoot Sporting Clays yesterday. Walked into Box horn and bumped into another coach. He asked why aren't we up in Mayville? Mayville and Shooters has a gun event going on. Bring your own ammo and shot anything you want. We gone! There was about eight different gun companies up there. Son shot 6-8 different guns and I shot a couple. Been looking for a new auto for my son. His poor montefeltro has been abused, been cut, shimmed, apart, and back together so many times in the last three years. Seems like every six months he grows. And then we are adjusting. So it was time. The new SBE 3 was there and shot nice. The Beretta was nice too. But its hard for me to venture away from Benelli or Browning. Son liked the SBE3 but won't be out in left for a year or two. Other than, mostly cosmetics, same as the 2. So a new SBE 2 it was. Hint. The 3 will be arriving at stores in the next couple weeks, bet you can get a good price for a SBE 2.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 70 to 79 of 117 Posts