Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 143 Posts
7/7/18 @ 11:00 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

1fowl one,

That is awesome. It's what will bring those kids back.

Tim 

Post Your Comment
7/7/18 @ 7:28 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Tim, Hit'm all!

We spent four days up there two weeks ago, youth state shoot.

Son finished 5th with a 95 and 6th in handicap. 

Daughter finished 2nd in 16yd and 3rd in handicap. (rookie)

Highlight was my 10yo daughter. Out of 40+ girls, (rookies to  College age shooters) in a "last competitor standing" she breaks every bird in front of her, the 10yo 4th grader taking girls out, down to the last three shooters. The shaking and nerves finally got the best of her and misses her first bird and gets knocked out. She had a huge cheering section behind her, everyone wanted to see the rookie win it.

Son does the same, in the men's. Out of 60+ shooters, down to the last two. Going bird for bird all over the field, out to @ 40 yds and he makes the first mistake and the other athlete capitalized on it.

Great weekend. 

Post Your Comment
7/6/18 @ 7:58 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Nice warmup for State today. 96 in singles, 93 in caps. Hitting targets hard. I'm ready!!

Tim

Post Your Comment
7/4/18 @ 4:22 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Thanks griz. State Shoot next week. Will shoot a couple hundred this weekend to both to warm up and get enough targets to shoot without penalty. 

1100 targets coming up next week. Nothing to do but shoot and socialze. 

Tim

Post Your Comment
7/1/18 @ 3:53 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Congrats Tim! Keep up the great shooting and the reports. 

Most I’ve ever won while shooting was free empty hulls! :) 

Post Your Comment
7/1/18 @ 3:01 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Had a good day yesterday. Buckle shoot at North Bristol. (ATA trapshoot) Always a big turnout. Brutally hot. They had coolers with towels soaked in ice water they were handing out to shooters. Very smart on their part.

Anyway, I dropped 5 on the 1st house and 2 the rest of the way. 93. Had a 91 in doubles despite dropping 3 targets on the last post. Grrr.

Screwed up in handicap by dropping the last target for a 95. A 96 would have moved me to the 24 yard line. Won a buckle though for that score. Simply didn't bear down on that last target.

Was only 4 targets behind high combined score for all shooters. Very happy with the way I have hitting targets lately and State Shoot is just around the corner.

Tim 

Edited on 7/1/18 3:04 PM
Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 9:42 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Just the charity shoot today . It's a bit far for me . 60 mile round trip.  Sure was fun though .

Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 9:38 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

I drove by Wern Valley a couple times today and I was wondering what was going on during their off hours. Makes sense now. You shoot summer league at Wern??? So do I!! I’ll probably be shooting my round Thursday during the lunch hour. I used to shoot after work but it is getting way too packed. It shouldn’t take 1:45 to shoot that course. Maybe we will brush paths soon. 

Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 6:15 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

Back from the charity shoot at Wern Valley . I went 32 for 50 . Couple stations I went 4 for 4 . 2  I went 0 for 4 . Shot with my 870 20 gauge with modified choke . Later on however I found out it was served for a charity shoot not league , so it was a bit easier  . Rest of my squad had o/u or autos so pump did not help any . But I had a great time  . 

I think a 28 Guage would be fun . If o/u or auto would be great .

Post Your Comment
6/12/18 @ 9:46 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

I've been contemplating shooting sporting clays with a 28ga. I am no expert and I am far from perfect with my league shoots but I see a challenge and I kinda want to go for it. Any words of wisdom??

Post Your Comment
Displaying 21 to 30 of 143 Posts