Shotgun Sports

5/6/15 @ 10:46 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14
So who has been out shooting? What do you like and why? Post some scores!! Are leagues worth it or should a shooter just go out for fun? Lets get a forum going and maybe get together and shoot!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 98 Posts
TODAY @ 8:19 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Sporting Clays is more like skeet. You have a minimum of 50 targets usually. People do shoot sub gauges but I would say the preferred is 12. You can have targets at 15 yards all the way to 40+ yards, in my experience. Modified is a good all around choke. Shooting faster 1oz. Loads may help as well. Good luck and enjoy! 

Post Your Comment
4/21/18 @ 9:39 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02

I'm going to a benefit sporting clays  match .  Never shot them just a lot of trap , some skeet . How much more difficult is it  ?  What's the best gun to use ?  12 or 20 , choke ? 

Thanks 

Post Your Comment
3/29/18 @ 9:31 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Please consider coming out and supporting a benefit shoot. Great local fundraiser supporting First Generation Nursing Students at WCTC in the name of Sarah Mindiola Barse. 

I have supported this shoot since it came about and it is a fun time raising money for a great cause. 

Post Your Comment
3/2/18 @ 7:04 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

Congrats on your five stand! Wern Valley spring league will be starting very soon as well as the McMiller Spring league as well. Both of those are for sporting clays but Wern also made mention of a “Hunt and Cover” too! Plenty of fun to be had starting real soon! Fowl, we still need to get together some night to shoot...

Post Your Comment
3/1/18 @ 11:41 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

It's that time of year again. The SCTP trap season is started up and moving. First conference shoot starts this coming Monday. Remember to support your local youth trap shooting team.

I finished up with the five man, five stand league last week. We took first place (B). Had a great time.

Post Your Comment
1/5/18 @ 11:24 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Hey Grizzly, hope your holidays went well.

Yeah, the trailer is heated, somewhat. But it shoots 10 guns and when all the doors are open, heat is non-existent. It would need to be pretty nice to shoot in t's.                                                      It's a good time tho, helps with the cabin fever. 

Post Your Comment
1/5/18 @ 8:41 AM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

42 is very respectable! The trailer is not heated? I’ve heard that they have been shooting in tee shirts at Wern Valley! Not to rub that in at all... lol! You’re right tho, this cold is no joke. I haven’t been out in a while. 

good luck! 

Post Your Comment
1/5/18 @ 8:17 AM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Shootin a 5-stand League. In a trailer, but this cold is no joke. Pulled a 42 out last night. Should've ran home quick after work for some warmer gear. Wasn't all that fun. Lol.

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 8:40 PM
Grizzly700
Grizzly700
MEMBER since 3/25/14

That is awesome! It was my pleasure to assist. Awesome memories right there. Congrats to her harvest and thank you!

Give me a shout if you ever need anything else. 

Post Your Comment
12/10/17 @ 8:24 PM
1fowl one
1fowl one
USER since 12/9/10

Grizzly,

My daughter wanted to thank you again, for finding her shotgun. She is just ecstatic, I brought her out today for her birthday pheasant hunt. "It will kill'em as good as your 12g" she said to me. Lol. After she dropped her first bird, you can see by the pic, it built a little confidence and she is sure proud of her gun. 

Thanks again for all the help.        Merry Christmas!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 98 Posts