INITIAL POST
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Thoughts or opinions  ?

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
11/4/18 @ 8:03 PM
peanut09
User since 1/17/10
I bought the patriot for my daughter. It shoots and and feels comfortable for her. I think its a good bang for the buck. Clip fits nice and I like that the stock can be added onto when the kids get bigger. Shot about 50 times without any issues thus far. Ready for deer season. 

11/2/18 @ 6:00 PM
ub1167
User since 2/7/11

have 2 axis in the family. .223  and  .243   no trouble at all   scope IMHO should be upgraded if you by the package setup.

10/28/18 @ 11:39 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
User since 1/22/15

Considering the savage axis 2 6.5 for my 12 year olds Christmas present. Comes with a bushnell scope. Not to crazy about the scope. But the price is right. Gun seems to have great reviews. 

10/4/17 @ 10:29 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

I may be wrong but I think they went to the Accu-trigger on the Axis II.  Otherwise samegun?.......

10/2/17 @ 5:05 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Axis vs Axis  II  ?  Thoughts ?

10/19/16 @ 1:44 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Have no experience shooting the Patriot, but I do have some with the Axis. Here is my opinion...

If you have the resources to do so, spend the extra $75 and buy the Savage 110/10, especially if you are buying a short action caliber (.243, .308, 7mm-08) because the Axis is built on a long action only. Yes you can buy an Axis in .243 but it will have the bolt throw of a .270 or .30-06. The action is not as smooth as the 10/110 either. My wife shoots a Savage Model 10 in .243 and the gun shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards. A lot of this is due to the better, pillar bedded stock you get with the Model 10 and at the time I bought hers the AccuTrigger was not available in the Axis line. I am a Savage guy through and through, but the Axis line just doesn't do much for me. Accuracy was OK but the gun itself felt clunky to me.

10/17/16 @ 3:39 PM
Walleye 1
User since 6/22/01

I have both..

Savage .308, first gun went back for chamber/firing issues. Cabelas ended up buying it back and gave me a new gun. I've shot 25 rounds with that gun without fail.

Savage youth .243, 100 rounds no issues

Traded my .308 Rem jam-o-matic for the Mossberg 30.06 last year and have only shot a few rounds out of it. No issues, nice feel and fun to shoot. I added a Vortex scope to this gun.

10/12/16 @ 3:59 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I looked at and held a Patriot  today .  Action felt smooth  ,  scope seemed nice (?)  . Clip popped  in and out with a positive  click . Maybe ?

10/12/16 @ 11:27 AM
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
User since 6/15/01

Junk. 

I had 2 friends buy Axis's for their son's first gun. Last year one of them lost their first buck. Firing pin failed. 

Second one didn't get past the firing range. Firing pin and clip issues.

They learned a lesson the hard way. 

Spend the extra money and buy a Browning, Remington, Ruger, Winchester, or Weatherby. 

10/11/16 @ 3:32 PM
Fisherman45
User since 12/12/15

I had an axis and got rid of it, didn't Like it at all. The clip wouldn't feed the bullets up sometimes 

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE