SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Remington

8/22/16 @ 7:01 PM
INITIAL POST
Setterguy
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/16

Anybody have any experience with the Remington R51?

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
2/17/18 @ 10:53 AM
lar
lar
User since 7/13/01

Run away..... Far away... I wouldn't buy anything new Remington. Their quality is no where near what it used to be. Too bad...

2/13/18 @ 2:59 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Company says it will free up $700 million in debt, holy cow thats a lot of debt.

2/13/18 @ 1:20 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
2/7/17 @ 6:56 AM
'da Coach
User since 12/23/08

The R51's didn't sell worth a darn when we first had them a couple of years ago, presumably as a function of all the bad reviews. Now we have the RP9 model, and that isn't selling either.

At @ $599, they ain't exactly cheap, either, for that kind of money, there are too many other quality pistols on the market; why take a chance with a Remington when you could easily go with a Smith, Glock, Ruger, or Springfield in the same price range?

Remington is even running a promotion for those of us in the industry, I ink the selling price is under $300, but I don't know of anyone who has actually taken the plunge. I know that if I were in the market for a 9mm, I wouldn't even consider a Remington.  Don't need the headaches.

1/25/17 @ 8:14 AM
jimmymuller
jimmymuller
User since 6/20/16

Hey. I have already used Remington for shooting purpose. It is a superior quality shotgun that is mostly used for professional shooting. I would like to recommends you to use Remington model. It has a shortened length of pull and lighter construction which makes it less heavy. Remington's Model 700 has a 20-inch barrel, 12-inch length of pull and total 7 pound weight.

10/7/16 @ 11:42 AM
Unreel
Unreel
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

The original guns were all recalled and buyers were offered an R1 1911 in exchange from Remington. Although all their initial testing went well, the release had issues that were caused by a second manufacturing line that all the problem guns came off of. Even the ones that came off the 'good' line had an unappreciated feature because the backstrap 'safety' was not long enough and the user had to shift their hand up to make sure the backstrap was depressed before shooting. I was at a sponsored shoot when the original guns came out and shooter after shooter would try to shoot and then crane their head around to the range officer wondering why gun would not fire - they didn't have enough pressure applied to the backstrap safety.

The reintroduced R51 has a backstrap safety that runs down the whole backside of the gun, more like a 1911. I have handled the gun but have not shot yet. I was also told by a good source from Remington that the CEO of the Freedom Group told the engineering team responsible for the release that if there were any more issues with the gun (recall-wise) that they would all be fired. Hence the delayed re-release.

8/25/16 @ 2:07 PM
Setterguy
PRO MEMBER User since 6/13/16

Yes they did have issues in early 2014 and recall.But the Gen 2 came out and threw my research the reviews are good.

8/25/16 @ 1:33 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I believe that the inital release of the R51 had some manufacturing problems.  That was in early 2015 or 2014, I don't recall for sure.  They were taken off the market rather quickly, and the ones that were sold may have been recalled or requested to be sent in for service.  They then re-released this gun some time this year after hte manufacturing issues were addressed.

By the way this is not Gospel, this is what I beleive I recall.

8/23/16 @ 11:14 AM
ditto
User since 12/6/10

I don't but I do know that they had a recall on the first ones out because there were serious problems with them.  I would do a little research to make sure you don't get one of those early ones.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE