USER since 9/3/11
could someone offer any info on Chiappa firearms,,thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
7/9/14 @ 3:47 PM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
MM, LMAO, the autocorrect on your phone is producing some real classics! Big Smile

"I've always. Or we'd them as a lower cost/quality firearm."

"COMPARED not IMPAIRED" (or Imparted!)

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin it says "sprocket, not socket! plumber's joke.

Getting back on topic, though, Chiappa is among those firearm manufacturers that I refer to as "second tier", along with Bersa, Taurus, Rossi, etc. (first tier including Beretta, Walther, Smith, Glock, Springfield & such). Not the finest fit & finish, but the second tier manufacturers offer a more affordable alternative to first tier, and often produce clone guns (i.e. the Bersa Thunder vs. Walther PPK).

They sometimes offer unique designs, too. If you're looking at a Rhino, I've never shot one, but if you're up for a unique gun, I've heard good things about 'em.

Kinda depends on your budget, if you are OK with a bit less quality that still shoots OK, a Chiappa may be just the thing for you. Better to buy a bit more inexpensive gun than to never get one because they're unaffordable! For the for occasional target and or plinking you've described, a Chiappa can be a fine choice.

Sometimes us gun guys can be kinda gun snobs, that doesn't mean everyone has to carry a Sig or a Colt!

Post Your Comment
7/8/14 @ 10:48 PM
marinerman
marinerman
USER since 6/27/01
For that purpose they will probably service you well. The ones I've handled functioned well and looked reasonably good.

Post Your Comment
7/8/14 @ 6:45 PM
wskiph
wskiph
USER since 9/3/11
this will be for occasional target and or plinking,,,not thinking of a great amount of shooting

Post Your Comment
7/8/14 @ 5:31 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
I'd try to pass on that brand if you can. What type of gun you looking for? CC?

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 12:41 PM
marinerman
marinerman
USER since 6/27/01
I hate spell correction... COMPARED not IMPAIRED

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 12:40 PM
marinerman
marinerman
USER since 6/27/01
Correction Colts are made by Umarex whom owns several companies including Walther. Sure looked like a Chippa when. Imparted side by side. Hmmmmm

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 12:30 PM
marinerman
marinerman
USER since 6/27/01
I've always. Or we'd them as a lower cost/quality firearm. That being said the ones I've handled have had 'acceptable' fit/finish/functionality. I do know they brand label some of their guns for other mfgs. I was excited when Colt came back out with the Ace .22 1911 only to find out it was mfg'd by Chippa if recollection is correct. What specifcally were you looking at?

Post Your Comment