Looking for Winchester 32-40 ammo or reloading info

2/29/16 @ 6:50 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold hands
Cold hands
USER since 9/11/10
Just bought a Winchester in this caliber and need any info on where to buy some ammo or reloading info. Thanks for any help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
3/1/16 @ 8:02 PM
Cold hands
Cold hands
USER since 9/11/10
Yes I know. Won't make any difference to me. I bought it to shoot it. When it came out in I believe 1981 I wanted one real bad. Just didn't have the money. Been thinking of buying one the last couple years and found a sweet deal on it at one of my favorite shops. I reload so just need to find brass and bullets and dies. It will pass to my son when the time comes. Thanks for any help you have. Tight lines!

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 9:52 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=157992&CAT=3818

Just saw this, about $45 per box, not bad considering the price of factory ammo now. Plus with the light loads the brass will probably last a long time.

Post Your Comment
2/29/16 @ 9:40 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I see from the other thread that you bought a John Wayne Commemerative. If this gun is still NIB you do know that shooting it will decrease the value from a collector to just a fancy looking shooter right? Even working the action a couple times can greeatly reduce the value. If you're intent on shooting it you will probably have to search out the internet for ammo as the odds of finding any in a store are slim to none and when you do be prepared to pay top dollar for it. I remember when the John Waynes first came out we were taking the ammo out of the box and putting them in a fish bowl and selling it for $5 a piece and the empty box for $10, that worked out to $110 per box!!! I know a friend that sold a JW to Gander a couple years ago, I told him not to give them the ammo for less than $50 a box. Instead he threw in 6 boxes and they only gave him like $700 for the gun, can you say ripped off?

Winchester still does make 32/40 ammo but not often, maybe once every 4 or 5 years so some might be released on the market soon hopefully.

Post Your Comment