Hi Point handguns

3/29/16 @ 1:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
Everyone has an opinion on them. Whether you like them or not, Hi-Points are like fat chicks. They'll eat whatever you feed them and bang whenever you want, but you still don't want your friends to see you with one. Have any of you had any experience with them? I may pick one up in the next couple of days just as a fun gun. Just something to shoot cans with.
Edited on 9/8/16 6:16 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
4/20/16 @ 10:25 AM
PalmerTenderfoot
PalmerTenderfoot
USER since 3/7/16
I'm a Firearms Tech for an outdoor retailer and despise them.

I disagree with them being dependable, I send at least 2-3 a month back into Hi Point's repair shop for FTF, FTE and parts literally falling out of them before shooting, during shooting and especially during cleaning.

You want a 180.00 gun, that's what you get.

Post Your Comment
4/3/16 @ 9:53 AM
bowtech Dee
bowtech Dee
USER since 10/23/12
Yes ugly but very reliable and hard to beat the price. For protection I don't think you should worry about looks but does it work as designed when needed.

Post Your Comment
4/2/16 @ 9:05 PM
ESOX68
ESOX68
USER since 2/21/06
If you want one buy it. It'll only cost you your pride lol. Just kidding. Watch some you tube videos they shoot just fine. Their just heavy.

Post Your Comment
4/1/16 @ 7:58 AM
redhook
redhook
USER since 12/25/09
I have a 9mm that I keep in the truck (waysides at night) but have shot the 45 and 40 and each one was just as heavy and ugly as the next but they all functioned well, even if you miss your target you can use it as an hammer to finish the job.

Post Your Comment
3/31/16 @ 10:49 PM
One shot one kill
One shot one kill
MEMBER since 8/12/02
I have shot both the 9 and the.45 . Are both big clunky things , but do go bang . I do have the 9 mm carbine though and just love it . Almost as cheap to shoot as a .22 and a lot more fun . Did have to buy an extented mag though . 8 shots are just not enough .

Post Your Comment
3/29/16 @ 10:40 PM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I love pellet guns but shooting them just isn't the same as a real firearm. I can get one new in box for $155 that includes a hard case and some ammo from a guy on armslist. What I like most about hi points is that they have a life time warenty that follows the gun owner to owner.

Post Your Comment
3/29/16 @ 8:48 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Most people who are on Lake Link realize that I'm kind of a gun snob but I picked up a used HiPoint for $100 from a friend who needed money. I'm not going to say it's a S&W, or a Colt but it goes bang all the time and feeds everything I fed to it. It's a big, blocky, ugly thing but it does work. If you can't afford a more expensive gun this will work for you.

Post Your Comment
3/29/16 @ 8:35 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
If you're just shooting cans why not get a pellet gun? I have 2 buddies with 9mm hipoints and they like them. I have also shot both and like them. I may pick one up just to have at home for the lady to feel 'secure' or something holstered for walking around in the woods with when im bow hunting, hiking, or whatever. I think even dunhams has them for $150 if you're looking for a place to get one.

Post Your Comment