Gunsmiths

5/4/17 @ 5:37 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Kupti
Kupti
USER since 6/15/01

I NEED a gunsmith to do work on O/U shotguns ... The area I shoot 'clay targets' is SE Wisc. ... Janesville to the Lake, Waukesha to the Illinois border ... My tech is retiring so I have to find a new 'guru' ... I've had some input on this subject but it's turned into a 'pi**ing' contest with one guy loving a certain 'smith' and another shooter saying he's not worth a damn. What's the opinion of this forum for the area in question ?????  Thanks !   

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts
1/4/18 @ 7:45 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

Had posted Larry Wehinger already.  Nobody better.

Edited on 1/4/18 7:46 PM
Post Your Comment
1/4/18 @ 1:58 PM
wallywood
wallywood
USER since 1/1/02

Dam Road Gun Shop Delevan, good smiths

Post Your Comment
1/3/18 @ 9:32 AM
WalleyedPike
WalleyedPike
USER since 1/19/16

There is a gent named Roger Williams in Fredonia

Webaddy for info
http://www.northernmagnetic.com/

Post Your Comment
5/6/17 @ 10:13 AM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

OK. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Good luck in your search to find someone. If I owned a 3200, I wouldn't hesitate to send it to Laib's. That's what many of club friends would tell me.

Tim

Post Your Comment
5/6/17 @ 6:35 AM
Kupti
Kupti
USER since 6/15/01

You missed my intentions ... The LOCALS, I'm in contact with the most, can't seem to agree ... that's why I came to the forum ... for a more widespread opinion of 'smiths' ... Thanks

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 7:29 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

Talk with your buddies at the club. They'll certainly have recommendations. 

Tim

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 3:28 PM
Kupti
Kupti
USER since 6/15/01

Thanks for the name !!!  Anybody with recommendations closer to my area, I'll even take suggestions from the Metro Milwaukee landscape ????  

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 2:41 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11

You beat me to it, Igor. Nt sure if Larry does that or not.

Tim

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 2:21 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01

Try Larry Wehinger in Monroe, WI.  Not sure if he can do what you need but if not, he can point you in the right direction.  His business is called "Larry's Guns".

Post Your Comment
5/5/17 @ 5:56 AM
Kupti
Kupti
USER since 6/15/01

At the moment I need a 'hammer plunger' replaced on one gun, maybe the hammer springs and or plungers on a couple more and the return spring(?) in the trigger mechanism because of excess 'latency' (play) on the trigger return for the second shot when shooting 'true pairs' ... All this work is for Remington 3200s ... I know about 'Laibs' in Minnesota, just looking for a closer source ... Trying to eliminate the shipping B.S. ..... Thanks Again   

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 12 Posts