Gun Snobs...........

4/3/15 @ 6:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
ml2trick
ml2trick
USER since 6/18/01
Maybe it is just me. But i am 53 years old and just started buying some new handguns. I shopped around Appleton for a few weeks. I never met "So many Gun Snobs.People cutting down different Guns and 9mm ammo. I will take a good shooting 9mm handgun over a 45 anyday. Is it just me????. Oh and Gander Mountain in Appleton's Gun department has really improved. Nice Pistol selection. Cabela's was decent also and many local Gun shops in Waupaca area were excellent also. Scheel's was just way out my price and manager's are nice,but the salesmen must be on commission and were very pushy and acted like the were "Gun God's.. Just wondering if any other people noticed it. Lips Sealed
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46 Posts
8/23/16 @ 8:52 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10

Whack em, Please stop using all caps!

I never understood the "never sell a gun" theory.  Why keep something you no longer use and isn't increasing in value as opposed to selling it and getting something you now want?  To each their own but I like to play with different guns and I could never own as many as I have if I never sold any.

Post Your Comment
8/22/16 @ 5:44 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10

I INHERITED ABOUT 30 OF THEM. AND WON OR PURCHASED THE REST. I WAS RAISED TO NEVER SELL AND GUN AND KEEP AQUIRING THEM. GREW UP IN TEXAS/FLORDIA AND NOW SETTLED DOWN IN WISCONSIN. MY GREAT GRANDPA,GRANDPA AND FATHER ARE ALL GUN COLLECTORS AND AVID SHOOTERS AND OUTDOORSMAN. SO IT I FIGURED I BETTER FOLLOW SUIT.

Post Your Comment
8/22/16 @ 7:59 AM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

I own guns,  but other than blasting a few geese and ducks,  I don't care to even shoot anything else with them.  I have a glock Model 35 40 cal and 500 S&W and that's just for show and the range messing around. If someone breaks into my house I'm I look forward to taking off their head..  Other than that,  I can't bring myself to gun hunt for deer,  there is no challenge in rifles or really any gun for that matter.  So I think i'm totally opposite of a gun snob,  I think guns are for puss bags when it comes to hunting.  Guns in general are cool,  I love them,  I just don't see the excitement of killing with them outside of a shotgun.  OH big deal you shot a 170 inch whitetail at 274 yards with a 30 06. You really tricked that buck!!!

Edited on 8/22/16 8:02 AM
Post Your Comment
8/20/16 @ 7:52 PM
Badwolf
Badwolf
USER since 6/13/07

ml2,

I wouldn't consider myself a gun "snob", but I do absolutely hate the 9mm.  I know it is irrational, but I despise them.  If I want to shoot a small cal I'll go for a .22

Post Your Comment
8/20/16 @ 7:30 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Holy Smokes Wack em' - 72?  You've got me beat by a mile.  We have 18 guns in the house including shotguns, deer rifles, hand guns, and and .22's.

You have to be one heck of a junkie to have 72!  It is not too many though - no such thing! 

Post Your Comment
8/17/16 @ 4:54 PM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10

GONNA SIT DOWN AND LUBE AND POLISH  72 FIREARMS TONIGHT. AND FULLY CLEAN 6. GOT THE WHOLE HOUSE TO MYSELF. IS THIS SNOBBY ENUFF????

Post Your Comment
5/16/16 @ 10:17 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12

Too many guns is when you run out of a safe spot to keep em. As long all your guns are secure, there's no such thing as too many guns 

Post Your Comment
5/13/16 @ 4:35 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Wack'em, Please speak in English as what you typed makes no sense at all in English LOL!

Post Your Comment
5/13/16 @ 10:47 AM
wack'em & stack'em
wack'em & stack'em
USER since 3/13/10

QUICK QUESTION, HOW MANY GUNS IS TOO MANY?

Post Your Comment
5/10/16 @ 10:20 AM
PalmerTenderfoot
PalmerTenderfoot
USER since 3/7/16

Tim, that's a good way to buy. More folks need to do research before plunking down 500-2000 for a gun.

I also like the 9mm round, it's readily available and is relatively cheap.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 46 Posts