SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Custom Reloading

12/11/18 @ 8:54 AM
INITIAL POST
Swamp buck
User since 1/23/09

Does anyone know of a Wisconsin company  or service that loads custom hand loads? I don't reload and I have a picky rifle that doesn't like factory ammo. I had an out of state company doing it for a while but they have went out of business.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
7/12/19 @ 1:19 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09

Load your own, if your gun is finicky to begin with there could be a flaw.  I have never loaded for anyone else, even trap shooting. I have done some of my own.  Ever see what a .44  240g HP ment for a revolver does when shot into the back of a deers neck at 20 yards fired from a .444 Marlin at 2,400fps. 

3/8/19 @ 11:42 AM
FSHFNATK
FSHFNATK
PRO MEMBER User since 1/8/02

Swamp Buck,

One of the greatest mistakes that I learned is that every time I try a different brand of "factory ammo" I have to REZERO my scope or sights. Every bullet comes out of a barrel different and if you try to correct your windage and elevation from one brand to another you can bottom out your scope and run out of adjustment making you think the ammo is no good in your rifle. This goes for ALL ammunition. First, don't wast your money on full metal jacket (FMJ) ammo, its not for hunting. Second, start with a box of each of the big 3: Remington, Winchester and Federal, pointed-soft-point, exposed lead tip, semi-jacketed round. If a 150gr psp Remington round can drop a 650 pound elk at 212 yards out of a model 700 B, it can certainly do wonders on a 250 pound whitetail in Wisconsin.

Custom Reloading photo by FSHFNATK
3/6/19 @ 1:35 PM
Wieland Outdoors
Wieland Outdoors
User since 3/27/10

did you get the load data from them?

12/24/18 @ 10:13 AM
Timv
User since 1/30/08

If you can find someone who reloads and will teach you how, that would be the best,least expensive way to go,

That person will/should know what they are doing should have all the load data/books, you just buy the powder primers bullets and brass, dies if needed, and load your own ammo while learning

I did this with my step-son while he loaded i was on-line looking up prices and he bought all the stuff from me

this will take all the lillability off him/her

What cailber/ rifle do you need to load for?

12/11/18 @ 4:55 PM
Badgerloader
User since 4/10/11

I can understand why your reloading company went out of business - liability. I have had people ask me to load for them but I will not take the risk.

Barrel obstructions are common culprits for catastrophic gun failures.  If a gun blows up, a lawyer will go after the gun & ammo mfgers. An individual could not afford to pay defense lawyers.

If you want/need special ammo, you will need to make it yourself. Look at YouTube videos and read several reloading manuals and books. You do not need expensive equipment. You do need to know what you are doing.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE