Browning BAR 300 WIN MAG

2/1/15 @ 3:00 PM
ORIGINAL POST
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
I have two BARs, a 243 and a 308, hardly use them. For most big game hunting multiple follow up shots is over-rated. It's that 1st aimed shot that counts. The trigger on a BAR will not compare to a tuned trigger on a bolt gun. Yes, just my personal preference coming through. A bolt gun is easier to clean, and keep operating during nasty weather. I'm not a fan of the BOSS either. If one doesn't handload you can try various ammo until you get what the gun likes. If it was me I'd just get a Browning X-Bolt in 300WSM.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
4/20/15 @ 11:33 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
USER since 5/31/02
I'd have to say I'm not real thrilled with my "Safari Grade" Browning BAR 30.06 either. I got a great deal on it and it was never even fired when I bought it. A lady at work bought it for her husband who croaked before he ever got to use it. I think I paid $600.00 for it.

One thing for sure is that the BAR weighs a ton and it's real "fore-arm heavy" for my preference. I guess I've just been spoiled rotten shooting Remington 700s most of my life. Well balanced and reasonably light. Kill deer dead as a doornail.

I suppose I'll keep the BAR as a "gun case queen". No real need or desire to sell it.

Pretty unimpressed, overall.

RR

Post Your Comment