Browning 12 gauge side by side

2/22/16 @ 8:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Musky99
Musky99
USER since 8/8/11
I have an older side by side with fixed chokes. I think it was from late 60's or early 70's. The first barrel is modified and second is full. I am thinking about getting barrels tapped so I can get screw in chokes. Several friends have said do not because it reduces the value of the gun. I am not looking at selling the gun but like the idea of having srew in chokes , not fixed. What would you do? Any ideas what the cost might be? or who to go to? thanks.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
2/22/16 @ 10:50 AM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
B-S/S barrels are plenty thick to put tubes in, I have one in 20 gauge choked IC/M with a straight grip. If memory serves me right it will cost about $150 per barrel to put tubes in and will probably reduce the value about that also. So you will spend $300 and have a gun worth $300 less than it is worth now. What are your plans for it? If you plan on using it a lot then I say go ahead and have the tubes put in, the guns have some value but not a huge amount. What length is you barrels and is it a straight stock or pistol grip stock?

Post Your Comment
2/22/16 @ 9:43 AM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
Depending on how thick the walls of the barrel are you may not be able to do this.

Tim

Post Your Comment