Bob and Rocco gun shows

2/9/15 @ 10:24 AM
ORIGINAL POST
cohoho
cohoho
USER since 5/10/07
Anyone else ever notice that the prices ate any Bob and Rocco gun shows are higher than even Gander Mountain? I'm done getting ripped off and will not go to them ever again. Check the internet before you pay for anything at their shows!!!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
2/26/15 @ 10:32 AM
cohoho
cohoho
USER since 5/10/07
no comment ditto. I apologize for trying to give anyone a little help or heads up based off of an experience. I forgot that that is not allowed anymore as everyone must be as informed as you or they are idiots (that's how your post sounds...)

Don't worry, you will not see me post again. This site is now like the rest in my book.

Logging out.

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 3:32 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Maybe you should start your own series of gunshows and only allow dealers who agree to only make 5% on an item and if someone can find it cheaper they have to match the price even if they are loosing money on it. If you don't like the prices then don't buy - pretty simple! A lot of people also don't realize that there are different models of the same gun that are worth a lot of different prices. I had one guy arguing with me one time that he could buy a brand new M70 for $600 at the store why was I charging $3000? Ah because mine was a Super Grade in 257 Roberts made in 1948 and is worth a lot more than a new one. Even new guns have many different models. WIth smart phones if you over pay for a commonly available gun you are as much to blame as anyone. If it's an old or rare collectable you have to decide what it's worth and if you can't buy it for that then walk away.

Post Your Comment
2/25/15 @ 1:54 PM
cohoho
cohoho
USER since 5/10/07
I can tell you two things, anything anyone buys these days should be researched over and over again if not for price, for counterfeits and 2, if it were Cohoho and sons gun shows, I would at least spot check some of these guys. I cant remember who the place was at Franklin but they have a big blue sword on their sign.. These guys were 30% over market price and clearly trying to take advantage of people. My show, I would boot them out. Bob and his dog's names are getting tarnish AND they are loosing funds for their cause as the more people get ripped off, spoken to rudely (as they did to me) or just stop going because you get things cheaper at the most expensive gun shops/Walmarts in town, the less they get to donate. There was a time in this country that a name meant something. That time is gone. It is sad...

By the way, I went there with well over 2k cash in hand and spent more on lunch then on the products for sale..... I just hope everyone else was as lucky as me (or smart however you want to look at it)...

Post Your Comment
2/23/15 @ 11:21 AM
duxup
duxup
USER since 8/5/05
Everybody should consider their payment at the door as a donation to a good cause....getting the kids and disabled out for hunts.

Consider any "overpayment" as a valuable life lesson. But if the only lesson you've learned is that you won't attend this show because some vendors have an asking price that is higher than market price, you'll probably just go someplace else and pay too much. Know what you want, what it's worth, and what you're willing to spend before you buy....that should be the lesson learned.

There is lots of neat stuff at the shows, and just to be around that many guns and gun fans does a person good.

Duxup

Post Your Comment
2/20/15 @ 7:00 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
LT: No messenger?

Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 9:54 PM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
USER since 11/19/09
In todays world of cell phones, smart phones and laptops, use the technology. I have a dumb phone, however it works about everywhere. I can take a picture send it to someone in the know and come to a conclusion in minutes. If you've been had it's your problem.

By the way I've found some really unique stuff at some of the shows and they don't charge my S.O. to get in because she is of limited mobility (wheelchair).

Post Your Comment
2/19/15 @ 6:23 PM
.westsidebenny.
.westsidebenny.
USER since 10/15/14
Fill me in where I'm wrong here. My understanding is that a gun show promoter pretty much arranges the space, pays for it and promotes the event; maybe some vetting to keep true undesirables out. Then a seller of guns, be it a weekend profiteer or Uncle Larry-Joe-Bob who needs to sell a few rents a table. Then I come there view the wares and purchase (or not) as my wallet and I see fit.

If you think a garage sale, flea market, craigslist, LL trading post is some kind of free pass to the deal of the century ya get what ya get. I do agree that many of the prices are out of line, hence I attend few shows and rarely leave with any new acquisitions. Don't see how that's an indictment of anyone's character...its one guy charging more than I will spend and me not spending it.

Why the hell anyone would expect less in any purchase is beyond me. You can pay too much for a house, car, boat, you name it. Be savvy, be lucky, or get took is about all there is to it. To expect a promoter to foster price fixing is beyond ludicrous and would kill the whole spirit of it. It's your choice even if you want an empty Gallon of Whisky for $100 or a Hi Point 9 for $600. Wonder why the term "caveat emptor" was termed and why it has been a term for millennia?

Post Your Comment
2/18/15 @ 8:30 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
In that case, 'ol Rocco might be ashamed, primarily for licking his privates (not that he's gonna stop, after all, he can, lol).

Better for Rocco to do that than to become another Schmitty The Weather Dog, IMO. I've never been a fan of 4lb Pomeranians, too small to be considered a "real" dog in my world.

Sounds like Bob has established a pretty nice gig there, I read through the New Dealer form and it appears that Bob does what he can to identify good dealers for his show. If someone misrepresents himself on the application form, whaddyagonnado?

So if Bob can make a living in the firearms bidness and give back to the community by taking kids out hunting, I count that as a win for everyone. Everyone, that is, except the poor schmuck who overpays because he really has no idea what he's buying. For those guys, too bad, so sad! Crying

Edited on 2/20/15 6:59 AM
Post Your Comment
2/17/15 @ 12:52 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Coach, It's actually not a couple guys it's only one. Rocco is Bob's dog! And if I'm not mistaken they use the money from these shows to take kids hunting. They have a whole group of land owners where they take the kids out duck and goose hunting for free.

Post Your Comment
2/17/15 @ 10:49 AM
'da Coach
'da Coach
USER since 12/23/08
I will give you one thing, though, coho, at least you went back to the thread and responded to what was posted. A real pet peeve of mine are the guys who start a thread to vent or ask about one thing or another and then never seem to go back to the thread.

That bugs me, think I'll have to take my complaint to the Gripe Site! Wondering

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts