SEARCH
MORE
Guns & Shooting

Best place to sell gun collection?

11/6/18 @ 3:49 PM
INITIAL POST
Mr. Darboy
User since 6/12/06

I've spoken to a few people and still trying to decide where to sell off part of my collection.  I have some old shotguns that are worth $150, some newer shotguns in good shape that should fetch $250-$350, and then some new guns in box that I won at banquets, etc.  I know I can go to a broker or dealer and they can sell and I pay 15-25% commission, or can just sell direct to them at about 50% loss on value/price.

What other avenues have you guys had good luck selling off your guns for fair market pricing?

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
11/27/18 @ 10:20 PM
JimLi
PRO MEMBER User since 12/20/11

Hit some gun shows. Always guys looking for guns in that price range.

11/27/18 @ 10:11 AM
SJB
SJB
User since 7/16/01

Mr. Darboy - another option, especially if you are looking to trade for something new, is to trade in the guns.  Had a buddy that did this with Bradley Gun Sales in Denmark, and he was pleased on what they offered for his trade in.  You will get more $ if you sell outright of course, but maybe this is a quicker and easier way.

Full disclosure, Bradley gun sales is family. 

11/26/18 @ 6:00 PM
Safe Hunt
User since 11/2/12

If you happen to have and side by side shotguns, smaller than 12 ga, pls reach out to me

Thank you

11/18/18 @ 4:43 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

If you are a member of a gun club, I'd start there. Not a better group of potential buyers than a club. I want to know where a gun I might sell is going.

Tim 

11/12/18 @ 3:08 PM
Mr. Darboy
User since 6/12/06

Thanks guys.  I'm considering a gun show as I wouldn't mind maybe trading a few guns for a 6.5 Creedmoor and then selling the rest off.  I know I can also list in my local paper here in the Fox Valley as they still accept classified for guns.  I appreciate the help and suggestions.

11/9/18 @ 10:52 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Gun shows are an option  , just prepare your self for some lowball offers . Knowing the value beforehand will make a difference. 

11/9/18 @ 9:16 PM
Timmer72
User since 12/26/06

You can check Gunbroker for prices that your models are selling for. Make sure to use the advanced tab and select "finished" auctions. It'll give you an idea what they are actually selling for. Be advised if selling them on GB as you will need to deal with shipping. Although you can legally ship to an FFL dealer, some dealers won't accept firearms from a non licensee. I speak from experience as a former FFL dealer. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

Depending on the number you might be better off renting a table or two at a local gun show. Table rental will typically run $30-$50 and take one to three days. Being you are not in the "business of" dealing and are only trimming your collection it wouldn't be an issue.

Armslist is another option. Although be prepared for lowball offers and offended potential buyers if you don't accept. Used to be a great resource but has gotten kind of ridiculous past couple years.

11/8/18 @ 10:43 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

I guess it depends on your paper . Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel will not take classifieds for firearms nor will ebay. 

11/8/18 @ 2:03 PM
Mr.Seaguar
PRO MEMBER User since 2/5/05

I would use like Gunbroker to find the value and sell them in the classifieds or your local paper. I put several guns online a few years ago and got replies in 5 minutes.  Same results with the local paper, sold guns in a couple days. Good luck. 

11/6/18 @ 8:33 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13
What guns do you have for sale?
11/6/18 @ 6:38 PM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

Become a member here and use the classifieds.  Look them up on Gunbroker.com for some idea on prices or even list them there . Or there is Gunlist . But then you are dealing with the public .  I personally would never sell a pistol that way . But it looked like you just have  long guns . 

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE