Benelli Ultralight 12ga

10/16/14 @ 8:18 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Anyone have any experience with one? I handled one the other day and can have it for a real nice price. It felt nice and fit nice but its got some different features. Anyone with real world experience?
Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
10/19/14 @ 2:30 PM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Mine came with 5 choke tubes, assuming those are the stock ones. I carried it around today and sure don't get tired of it. I usually carry a 20 out there for grouse but I just cant put this gun down. I was referring to the pen raised birds released on public land. Wild pheasants are indeed pretty rare in this state.

Edited on 10/19/14 6:42 PM
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/19/14 @ 3:49 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
Sounds wonderful. Talk about carrying a lot and not shooting much? I am referring to any wild pheasant fields in WI. Maybe you mean DNR release areas or the 'game farm' type operation? Wild pheasants in WI seem rather scarce. I put most of the reason on the over abundance of ground predators/scavengers.

One gets more action up North with grouse and woodcock flushes, even on a down year.

As long as you don't have to buy a new barrel(expensive) you should be set. I think they come new with 5 chokes. If you need any my favorite choke company is Trulock Chokes out of GA, usually the 'Precision Hunter', constriction of your choosing.

Post Your Comment
10/18/14 @ 10:49 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
After putting a box and a half of shells through it, I can safely say, that gun is the real deal! Cycled everything I put in it with no issues from 3" mag turkey and pheasant loads to 3/4 oz target loads it eats everything. Recoil is pretty much non existent for a gun this light. I like it! Maybe try it in the pheasant fields tomorrow. I am a fan, needless to say no buyer's remorse on this one!

(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 3:42 PM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Thanks again! I did check out SGW after I had posted here and seems like nothing but good reviews. This afternoon, I went and picked it up. Was told it was used but sure doesn't look like it. It is pristine. Definitely will not be brushwacking with it. It'll be great for the pheasant fields or as you said logging roads though. Thanks!

(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 1:45 PM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
If you can get one for $600 in great shape I'd do it. You should be able to about double your money if you want to get out of it, keep it pristine. That's one issue, if you beat around the brush much that gun may be nice for that. Just walking down the average logging road, no worries.

OBTW, shotgunworld.com has a ton of scattergun information for your perusal.

Edited on 10/17/14 1:47 PM
Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 6:40 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Thanks Muskrat! That's exactly it, its an upland gun, any number of ounces one can shave off makes a world of difference after walking for a mile or 2. which is why I generally carry a 20. I wasn't really in the market for another shotgun but I can have this one like new for $600. Tough to pass on but still wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting something with known feeding problems or the like.

(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/17/14 @ 5:09 AM
muskrat30
muskrat30
USER since 10/14/01
No, but I did look at one. I do have a Benelli M2, which is getting close to it for $100s less. If you can get one for a great price I doubt you'd go wrong. I do like shorter, lightweight shotguns and rifles. When it comes to hunting one usually does a lot more carrying than shooting.

I mail ordered mine from Murphy & Sons out of KS I think. They had a good selection in stock.

Post Your Comment