.177 gamo red fire

12/12/14 @ 5:22 PM
ORIGINAL POST
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
USER since 2/25/12
Not sure what these can do on skunks or other varmits but dented a can in and looked like it was hit with a 22. Anyone try these on varmits? They have the hard polymer tip. Tight fit in the gun.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
12/27/14 @ 6:36 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
Sorry WillFish, didn't see your post till just now. After 500-600 rounds it was an absolute tack driver. A Fair amount of fliers before that. I can punch through the same hole at 30 yards now again and again. It is louder than some other springers out there but is rock solid and bullet proof. As far as scope, I have a Hawke 3-9x40 AO with mil dot. I wanna say its the Sport HD model, one of the less expensive Hawke models but quality seems on par with some of the more expensive units out there. Also have the 1 piece RWS mount, have not yet had the scope come off zero.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
12/21/14 @ 4:21 PM
bassmaster+recordracks
bassmaster+recordracks
USER since 2/25/12
Accuracy with me is no problem at all. All my pellet guns have over 1000 rds to loosen them up and .177 has never been a problem. These pellets are the same as any for me on accuracy. They should do more damage I have compared holes in plywood and apples now and damage is a little greater. I used to use the .22 when I was younger but never went back after I traded what I did have. I will keep you posted if I have to take out stinky varmints.

Post Your Comment
12/20/14 @ 4:07 PM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
I tend to shoot heavier pellets as well. With a projectile as small as .177, you want as much kinetic energy behind the pellet as is possible. Especially with a larger target like a skunk. My gun (RWS Diana 34) likes those cheapo Crosman Premier hollow points. They're heavy and pattern well for me. I'm confident that if I do my job, the pellet will do it's job as well. The lighter ones in most guns I have shot have too many fliers. The plastic tipped gamos might be different but I'd have to wonder what they do when they hit something as well.

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
12/20/14 @ 3:39 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
Can't say much other than they are a middle weight pellet with a ballistic tip to make it fly straighter. I read a review of tipped pellets and they were found to be little different from other pellets when it came to hunting. You talk of damage to a can but what about groups on paper? If your shots group better than other pellets, then you've got something. I've tried many different 22cal pellets in my air guns and only the standard pointed Gamo showed some accuracy. I have some Predator brand ballistic tips that group OK in my gun but I shoot Crow Magnums because they group better on paper. Find a pellet that best shoots straight out of your gun and use that.

Post Your Comment