Wicked lures

2/14/15 @ 3:44 PM
ORIGINAL POST
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
These are a hot bait out in the Pacific NW for multi-species. Anybody use these yet. Gonna try em out for coho/steelhead.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
2/18/15 @ 9:25 AM
boscrowe
boscrowe
USER since 2/28/09
I ran some spinner blades last summer in the bright green and orange colors and had some big rainbows hit them towards the surface . I like the triangle flasher idea with them .

Post Your Comment
2/17/15 @ 7:27 AM
Jason Woda
trophy hunter
USER since 9/1/01
Or you could just run a peanut fly or a 2" coho fly behind an orange dodger for coho and steelhead. Those Wicked baits have been around for 30 years in one form or another.

(414) 384.8096
Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 4:34 PM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06
Usually run clean or 48" behind an Al's fish flash. Gonna try them behind the triangular flashers I bought from Boscrowe. Cool

Post Your Comment
2/16/15 @ 3:38 AM
Trophy_Taker
Trophy_Taker
USER since 4/27/08
Use something similar to that for walleye and using crawlers, but never for salmon. Looks like it could work, moonshine makes a fly with a spinner in front of it.

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 12:39 PM
sslayer
sslayer
USER since 6/9/06
The "Wicked Lures" is just another variation on adding flash and vibration to a squid rigged behind a dodger or a flasher or run it naked.

We added Spin 'N Glows to the flies years ago. Check the photos out. I added willow leaf blades too. They work great sometimes. Like most baits they all have their days.

Sadly some baits just catch fisherman, but you never until you buy one and try it out.

Good Luck

SS

Post Your Comment
2/15/15 @ 11:52 AM
5walleyes
5walleyes
USER since 3/12/10
That looks like it would be good. Do they run a flasher/dodger in front?

Post Your Comment